- sixteen -

It must have been at least two hours of non-stop conversation before Billie's phone rang in her pocket. As she pulled it out, I didn't recognise the number but it must have been important as she excused herself and walked out of the room.

"She's really nice Y/n." my mum commented, my Dad also nodding in agreement. "I didn't expect you to become friends."

"Neither did I to be fair!" I responded, truthful. 

I didn't expect her to keep my letter, let alone want to see me after I fumbled into her by that door. And, I definitely didn't expect her to become my girl.

"Well I think it's lovely." my mum continued, "It's nice to see you hanging out with people."

Billie came back into the living room, her phone in her hand.

"I'm so sorry, but I have to go. I'm late for an interview with Vogue." she explains.

Both of my parents get up and my mum gives Billie a hug goodbye. Once again, my Dad gives his little wave.

"I'll show you out." I say to Billie.

She thanks my parents for the conversation and follows me through the corridor and out of the front door. She unlocks her car and takes a seat, closing the door but rolling down the window.

"Your parents are nice." she says with a smile as they come and stand in the front door to wave her goodbye.

I don't want to say goodbye just like this, standing at the window.

"Oh, my wallet's still in the car." I fib and walk around to the passenger side, getting in.

Billie turns confused, "Your wallet's in the kitchen."

"I know that." I whisper with a grin, "I just wanted to say goodbye properly."

I leant across the centre console and kissed Billie. Luckily, she has blackout windows for the paparazzi so my parents couldn't see.

"That's better. You can leave now." I say, squeezing her hand before getting back out of the car.

"Good luck at your interview!" I call out as I walk back to my parents and stand with them in the doorway.

Billie drives out onto the road and honks her horn, sticking her hand out of the window and waving as she drives off.

We all wave back as she drives down the road and on her way.

That wasn't actually bad. I'm glad my parents have met her. 

We all walk back inside - I close the door behind us and begin to make my way up the stairs.

"My phone." I mumble, turning back around.

"I'll get it honey." my mum says, walking into the kitchen.

Shit. My wallet's with my phone.

She walks back out with both the wallet and my phone in her hand, passing it to me over the bannister. 

I'll change the subject and hopefully she won't notice.

"Oh Mum?" I ask, "Can you not tell anyone about Billie being here. Just because of the media and stuff." I say.

I mean I don't know what Billie does and doesn't want public knowledge, so it's probably best to keep it on the down low for now.

"Okay Y/n. It's our little secret." she says with a smile and walks away.

Maybe she didn't notice the wallet then? Hopefully not.

I walk back up the stairs and into my bedroom. I slump onto the bed and go on my phone.

12:33 PM

No New Notifications

As usual.

I open Instagram and start to watch people's stories. I never really post on Instagram, I just use it to be nosy I guess. I see what other people are doing and follow a load of celebrities.

I monotonously tapped through them all for a few minutes until a notification appeared on the top of my screen.

Apple News: Billie Eilish Spotted With A Mysterious Stranger In Her Car

What the fuck?

I quickly tapped on the notification before it disappeared and the phone redirected from Instagram to the News app.

It quickly loaded and there was an article from The Sun with the headline 'EXCLUSIVE: Billie Eilish Spotted In London With A Mysterious Stranger In Her Car'.

Just below was the image of the Taco Bell worker posing for a picture with Billie through the drive thru window, my head slightly visible between the two of them, but turned away; all you could see was my hair.

Shit. Trust the fucking Sun to get that picture. It's only been a couple of hours.

I scrolled down the page and it was only a short article. I would normally say that's a good thing but in this case, it means people will speculate and create rumours. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. What if I ruin her career?

I continue to read.

'20 year-old American singer, Billie Eilish, has been spotted at a fast food Taco Bell in London with a mysterious stranger in the passenger seat of her car. The passenger had their head facing the other way during the selfie, so what are they hiding?'

Hiding? I obviously didn't hide very well.

'It appears that the passenger is a female, assumed by their long hair. So who could it be? A friend? A lover?'

A LOVER? Oh Jesus Christ.

I copy the link to the article and go onto messages, sending it to Billie.

Y/n:

Billie Eilish Spotted With A...

The news found that picture of you and I when we went to Taco Bell. Sorry.

She'll be driving so I'll leave it at that. I don't want to distract her.

I drop my phone and lay back onto the bed.