- fourteen -

Billie had been driving for only a few minutes before she turned into a Taco Bell drive thru. I didn't even know we had Taco Bell in England.

"Why am I not surprised." I say, laughing at her predictable, yet strange choice of food.

Billie smiled as she pulled the car round to the speaker and rolled down her window.

"What do you want?" she asked me.

"I'll have whatever, I've never eaten here." I reply.

I wouldn't even know where to start. Hopefully she chooses something that isn't completely gross.

Billie turns back to the speaker as a worker greets her, asking for her order.

"Hey, can I have 3 bean burritos please." she says.

"Is that all?" the worker responds.

Billie turns her head to me and sits back in the chair, signalling for me to say anything I wanted.

"Could I have a latte please?" I say into the speaker.

It's the morning, coffee is practically an essential.

"That's £4.25, pull round." the worker says.

Billie follows the drive thru and stops at the payment window. I grab my wallet and go to take a £5 note but she bats my hand out of the way, the note falling into the footwell.

As I reached down for the note, I heard some sort of squeal from the window. I say squeal because I don't really know what it was - a very high pitched sort of scream I guess.

"Oh my god, you're Billie Eilish right?" a woman asks, excited.

I looked back up and placed my wallet between my legs. The woman in the Taco Bell window was practically screaming at this point. I take it she's a fan.

"That's me." Billie responds, smiling.

It was obvious that her smile was fake. She was just being polite yet I knew she was tired of being asked.

"Can I take a picture with you?" the woman asks, her phone already out of her apron.

I swiftly turned my head to face out of the passenger window. I don't really want to be seen with Billie. It's mainly for her sake; paparazzi and news stations are like vultures, if they see anything remotely out of the ordinary they'll create some sort of rumour.

I don't want to expose Billie to anything like that unless she doesn't mind us being seen together.

I stared tediously out of the window as I heard the clicks of the woman's iPhone. She was taking more than one photo, that's for sure. 

"Nice to meet you love." Billie says, sweet and kind as always, before rolling the car forward to the second window.

I kept my head turned, just in case someone with their camera followed us through the restaurant. 

Billie grabbed our food and placed it in my lap. She thanked the worker and began to drive away.

I turned back around and placed the latte that was in my lap into a cup holder before I had the chance to drop it and spray it across the car.

I opened the bag and handed Billie a burrito, also taking one for myself.

"What's a bean burrito?" I asked.

"It's a burrito with beans in it." Billie laughed - I think I might have just asked a very stupid question.

I could feel my face turn red from the embarrassment. I bit into my burrito to try and hide it.