- forty -

We spent the drive to her hotel singing and crazily dancing. God, I've missed this so much. I've missed her more than anything.

Finally, she pulled into the forecourt of the hotel - it was the same hotel we stayed at after her concert. She jumped out and handed the valet her keys before coming to my side, opening the passenger door and helping me out.

"What about my bag?" I asked as she wrapped her arm around my waist.

"Girl, you are not bringing that pink sweater with us. It can stay in the car." she jokingly stated as we made our way into the hotel.

As we walked towards the lift through the foyer a receptionist called out to Billie.

"Good afternoon Miss O'Connell."

Billie turned and responded with a kind smile, and a gentle "Hello."

Deja vu.

We made our way to the 21st floor and down a corridor, Billie constantly checking that I was okay, her arm still wrapped around my body. 

This is all a bit familiar, no?

She tapped a keycard on the door and swung it open. She carefully helped me inside and helped me take a seat on the bed.

It's exactly the same room as before.

"You've been staying in the same room?" I asked as I ran my hand along the soft duvet

Billie flung the keycard and her phone onto the side and opened her wardrobe, pulling her empty suitcase out.

"It reminds me of you." she replied. "I didn't want to stay anywhere else."

"Listen Bil, I'm really sorry I didn't believe you." I said, watching as she took her clothes out of the wardrobe and dropped them into the suitcase.

"You need to stop apologising." she said, her tone of voice sweet and accepting.

"I know, but I really am." I persisted, "I should've trusted you, I should've listened to you. After all, I am in love with you."

Billie stopped dead in her tracks, letting the clothes in her hands fall to the floor, not even into the suitcase this time.

"What?" I asked, slightly concerned.

"Say it again." she invitingly demanded.

I just sat on the bed, totally confused. "What are you going on about?"

"You love me?" she questioned, turning around and tucking her hair behind her ears as a grin spread across her face.

"Yes, I love you Bil." I repeated, still entirely confused as to what is going on.

Billie moved closer. "Say it again."

"I love you." I said again as I stood up, staring into her eyes.