- thirty nine -

Both of my parents came into the room, my dad holding a bag.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Oh, it's just some clothes for you." he explained, chucking the bag at me.

"Jack!" my mum angrily exclaimed, slapping him on the back of the head. "She's just been in an accident and you're throwing stuff at her?"

We all burst into laughter and I opened the bag.

"You are joking." I gawked as I pulled a pink cardigan out. "This is what you brought for me?"

Billie snatched it out of my hands and stood up, placing it against her chest and satirically posing.

"Don't blame me, he did it!" my mum claimed as she held her hands up in the air.

Billie was obviously finding it hilarious as she was eagerly putting it on over her hoodie, doing up the buttons.

"That's not even mine." I said to Billie in an attempt to curb my embarrassment.

She didn't care. She just began to take a barrage of selfies in the ghastly clothing, giggling as she did so. After a few minutes, the novelty finally wore off and she took a seat on the edge of the bed again.

"So, we're all fine to go home now." my mum said. "And I assume you're coming with?" she asked Billie.

"Um.. I have to get my stuff from my hotel but yeah." Billie replied.

She didn't even have to ask to stay at my house - my parents just assumed she would and are happy to accommodate. Truthfully, I think they both really like her.

"I'll come too then." I interposed. "To give you a hand."

Yeah, a hand... Sure...

Billie smiled as we both looked at my parents for approval.

"Okay, just be careful." my mum agreed.

"Great, we'll be off then!" my dad eagerly announced, swinging the door open.

"He's so impatient." my mum commented with a snigger, "See you both later."

She blew a kiss as she walked out of the door.

"This is honestly gross." Billie shared, taking the cardigan off.

"And that is exactly why I'm not wearing it. Looks like I'm going home topless!"

"I think the fuck not!" Billie instantaneously replied as she took her hoodie off and threw it at me. "I'm the only person who gets to see you topless." she remarked with a smirk.

"Someone's protective." I jested as I took off the hospital gown and carefully put her hoodie on, so as not to aggravate my broken ribs. 

She rifled through the bag and gave me a pair of jogging bottoms. At least these were actually mine and not bright pink. She then pulled out my vans and mumbled something under her breath as she passed them to me.

"What was that?" I asked as I put them on my feet.

"Nothing." she replied, trying to brush me off.

"Come on, what did you say?" I persisted.

"I said small dick energy." 

Of course she did.

"Well you can pick out my next pair then." I responded, tying the laces and standing up. "Now, let's get out of here."

Billie swung the bag over her back and stood beside me, placing her arm around my back as we walked out.

She kept her head down as we walked through the corridors, a person turning their head every so often.

I still feel bad that she feels like she needs to hide. I just want to be able to walk around freely with her. 

Finally, we made out way out of the hospital and into her car.

It was another Mercedes, leather seats and led lights absolutely everywhere.

"Think you've got enough lights?" I joked as I flicked around with the colours

Billie ignored my comment and began to drive out of the hospital and to her hotel. As usual, she passed me the aux cord.

I hate playing my music - I always feel like people won't like it. But, Billie never gives me a choice.

I plugged the cord into my, still smashed, phone and scrolled through my Spotify playlist. Let's go for something upbeat.

Now playing:

Dance Wiv Me - Dizzie Rascal, Calvin Harris, Chrome

I think that'll do. It's an absolute tune after all.

"What's this?" Billie innocently asked.

"What's this?" I surprisingly repeated, taken aback. "You've never listened to Dizzie Rascal?"

"Who's dizzy rascal?" Billie continued to ask, completely confused.

I dramatically slammed back into the seat, pretending to be disgusted with her. That is a crime against Britain.

"Only a British legend." I replied as I turned the volume up, beginning to playfully sing along and annoy Billie as she drove.

"Come dance wiv me, I see you glance at me." I sang with some exaggerated dance moves in the seat.

"Y/n stop." Billie laughed, trying to keep her attention on the road.

"That's why I'm asking B, so let's party B." I continued, singing right in her face.

"I'm trying to drive!" Billie lightheartedly pleaded as I wouldn't give in.

"Come and dance wiv me!" I gleefully sang as she finally caved and began to nod her head along to the beat.