- forty seven -

I'd wiped the remaining tears off of my face and found a neat little spot in between the stage and barrier. It wasn't huge, but it'll do.

I flicked the lens cover off of the camera and turned it on. At least I know where the button is this time.

The canon logo on the camera disappeared as it was on and ready to take photos. As if on cue, a countdown started in my in ear monitors as the lights turned off and the crowd screamed in anticipation.

I know I've done this before, multiple times now, but I still feel the same sense of euphoria when the show is about to start. Except this time it's different; this time the artist on stage is my girlfriend.

Holy shit. I still can't believe that.

The countdown was reaching its end so I pulled the camera up to my eye and looked through the viewfinder, trying to get the best angle for Bil's grand entrance. 

'3... 2... 1... JUMP' played into my ears as the stage turned white and Billie was catapulted into the air. 

I tried my best to track her with the camera and spammed the capture button. At least one of these has to be good, right? 

Bury a Friend played behind the mix of screams, claps and cries of the crowd. Billie began to jump to the beat and sing as I just watched in awe. 

I'll be the first to admit it, I'm absolutely the worst photographer ever. I'd stopped taking photos within about 30 seconds and let the camera hang from my neck as I watched her sing.  

NDA.

Therefore I Am.

My Strange Addiction.

I will never get tired of watching this, of listening to her, of seeing her fan's faces as they sung along.

I Don't Wanna Be You Anymore.

My Strange Addiction.

You Should See Me In A Crown.

She put on the best show I've ever seen. Call me biased but Billie is fucking amazing at what she does. 

Every so often, she'd shoot a glance at me accompanied by a smile. Of course I blushed every time, how could I not? 

I feel bad for causing all this last minute trouble though. Finneas is now one man down, although he is perfectly capable of doing this without me. My guitar was just left on its stand next to him, not to be used. 

Billie, Finneas and Andrew continued through the set until we'd finally reached the last song on the set list: Happier Than Ever.

As Billie reached the end of the song, I heard the command for the confetti cannons through the in ear monitor but nothing happened. They didn't go off. Is something broken? 

She didn't look phased at all. Neither did Finneas, nor Andrew. Am I missing something here? Have they changed the set? I'm sure white confetti is supposed to be dropped now.

The song finished and the crowd erupted into cheers. 

Billie didn't bow, neither did Finneas or Andrew either.

What is going on?

"Now, I know that this is normally the end of the show." Billie said into the microphone, "But I have something special planned."

What is actually going on? This wasn't part of the rehearsal.

Billie walked up to the front of the stage and sat down, not even a metre away from me. She pushed her hair out of her face before raising the microphone to her mouth.