114. I Panicked, People!

_______________________________

.

.

.

"You are pregnant?" Mateo asked. 

River blinked. And blinked. And blinked. 

"OH MY GOD YOU ARE PREGNANT!" River jumped but before she could even comprehend what was going on, Adam had picked her up and was twirling her around. 

"Adam, let me down!" River squealed.

"Wait, more demon spawns??" Sebastian clutched his hair. "What if it's twins this time too?"

"Shut up Sebastian, my kids are angel spawns." Mateo hissed at him.

"Adam, my head's spinning!" River slapped his shoulder.

"Oops."

"Sia!" Jacqueline hissed. 

"She is not pregnant." Alessia said. 

Adam stopped and let her down. Mateo quickly grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her to face him. 

"You are not pregnant?" The sheer disappointment in his voice made her wish that she was actually pregnant. 

Oh my god, you are gone for! Her inner voice chided. Why did the bitch have to speak up at random moments like this?

The man was a living embodiment of baby fever. Did he think giving birth was that easy? Why did he want more kids? He already had two! 

But River loved him so much that even she would comply, and that was so not like the old her. She didn't know whether it was for better or worse, but Mateo really had changed her. 

River shook her head, looking over at Alessia. 

"Then who is pregnant?" Sebastian asked. 

"Jacqueline." Alessia shrugged. 

Jacqueline was shocked. She looked over at her best friend for help, who was giving Alessia a look that said 'are you kidding me?'. 

"Jacqueline is what?" Adam asked. 

"Jacqueline is pregnant." Alessia asserted. 

Shattering of glasses on the patio flooring had the company turn to the source of the sound, and they saw Victor standing there looking dumbfounded. 

River mentally face-palmed. This was another one of her ships and she did not want anything happening to it. But unfortunately, her darling sister in law was ruining it. 

"Sorry, the tray slipped." He muttered, stepping over the mess. 

"The help will clean it." Mateo waved him off. "You come here."

Jacqueline was all the more uncomfortable. It was bad enough that Alessia had gone cuckoo and was telling everyone that she was pregnant. But now, Mateo was inviting Victor into the discussion. Honestly, Victor. Could this get any more mortifying?

She looked over at her best friend again, begging her with her eyes to get her out of the mess that Alessia had pushed her into. 

River nodded, and then turned to Alessia, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her away.

"How the hell did you get pregnant?" Sebastian asked. "Are you following Johnson's path?"

"Excuse me?" River was about to talk to Alessia when she heard her stupid brother say that. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"And you love him more than you love me. Great." Adam was ready to add fuel to the fire. The man child was not going to let go of River's betrayal any time soon. 

"Shut up, Adam." River rolled her eyes. 

"She wanted a child, you people." Alessia spoke up, the story brewing in her mind as she spoke. "So she went for artificial insemination."

Jacqueline sat down. She really did not know where this was going any more. 

"Why?" Victor finally spoke up.

"Because she wanted a child. Are you deaf?" Adam said, his eyes trained seriously on his girlfriend, ready to hear the rest of the story.

"I gotta go." Jacqueline said. "See you at the hospital, Johnson." 

River nodded defeatedly, and then gave her sister in law the side eye. And that little piece of shit had the audacity to give her a cheeky grin.

.

.

.

"WHAT THE HELL, SIA!!!" River yelled at the top of her lungs.

"I panicked, people!" Alessia threw her hands up in the air as she sat down on the floor. 

River pinched the skin between her eye brows. 

"The Alessia Adesso panicked?" Jacqueline asked. She was too embarrassed and overwhelmed by the situation, and especially by the way Victor was looking at her. So she had scooted from the place, but that did not stop the nurse from calling her best friend as soon as she got home so that she could have a little chat with Alessia. 

"I don't want anyone to know yet." Alessia said. 

"Okay, I get it." River said. "You are waiting for the right time to tell Mateo about you and Adam." 

"And then you will disclose this new happy news." Jacqueline was not very happy with the situation she was put in, but she was willing to play along for a little longer, for Alessia's sake. 

"No." Alessia said. 

River and Jacqueline paused. 

"Why not?" River asked, signaling to Jacqueline that she was hanging up. She put her phone down and joined Alessia on the floor. 

"I need to kill Antonio." She sighed. "Before the world becomes aware of the existence of my child." 

She looked over at the closest thing she had to a best friend. "I know it is stupid River, but I really thought all these years that Papa or Mateo will kill him for me, some day. But now that this one-" She patted her flat belly. "-is on the way, I feel like there is no use waiting any longer. I need to kill him and make my baby's future safe." 

"I will talk to Mateo." River said, grabbing her hand. "Honestly, I feel like he would end that motherfucker for good if you would just tell him about you and Adam."

"No.. I don't-" 

"Sia." River said seriously. "I know you feel like your brother and father are deliberately taking no action against Antonio."

"Why would they?" She sighed. "He is Savio de Pedis' son." 

River shook her head. "I don't know about your father, but I think I know my boyfriend enough to think that he is just leaving Antonio to you. He is yours to kill." 

"I don't think that is-"

River held up her hand and took her phone, dialing Mateo's number. 

"Tesoro, is everything alright?" He asked as soon as he picked up the phone. 

"Sia just realized that she shares the same planet as that fucker Antonio, and she wants him dead." 

"She is going to kill him?" Alessia was surprised to hear the joy in her brother's voice as he asked that.

"No." She spoke up, grabbing the phone from River's hand. "I don't want even his blood on me. I want you to kill him."

"Of course, I will give him the death that he deserves. And if there is any particular way you want him killed, I will do that too." 

River mentally face palmed. Yes yes, she had gotten used to the deaths in the Mafia, but she still had a lot to get used to.

.

.

.