Chapter 1: The Chase

**Zayn's POV**

I watched her step out of the house, I was watching her every move. The way she walked, the way she always scrunched nose and mouth to the side when she looked to the ground, the way she would fluff and flip her hair with her small hands every minute, the way she smiled. She looked pretty flustered and self-conscious, she kept fiddling with the bottom of her dress, pulling it down every so often and she kept clutching onto her bag. She took a few tablets, and rubbed her head. She obviously had a headache, which made her so much more vulnerable, especially at this hour, it's probably around midnight now, who knows what creeps and paedophiles could be around at this time.

She took my by suprise by briskly walking away from the house, away from the loud music and the screaming girls, and she took a sharp right at the end of the road. This was my cue. I was expecting her to step outside for a while, maybe to get a few minutes of fresh air, and then step back inside again. It could get pretty cramped and heated at a house party, but I wasn't expecting her just to leave, especially not without any friend, just on her own.

I pulled myself out of my thoughts and quickly caught up with her, walking behind her but keeping in the shadows to ensure she couldn't see me, and followed her, keeping at least 15 metres behind her at a time. She couldn't see me, not yet. I don't know where she was walking, but I had to follow her, my life would regret it if I didn't. 

I kept as silent as a doormouse behind her, making sure not to trip up, as the loud silence was surrounding me and she would definately hear my clumbsiness if I wasn't careful enough. She walked down another lane, still fiddling with her dress, and went just underneath a large oak tree, and I just carried on following her, creeping behind her, stepping under the big tree when suddenly I make myself jump by stepping on a branch, which made a loud snapping noise. Loud enough for anyone close to hear.

'Sh*t' I mumbled, and I nimbly jumped behind the tree so she didn't spot me, and I heard her quickly turn around, to see if anyone was there, she was shuffling around for a few seconds, and decided to quickly turn away and speed walk. God Damnit, she caught me. She knew someone was following her.

'Two can play this game.' I silently whispered as she ran away, and I chuckled to myself as I come from behind the tree and watch her run around another corner. Let the chase begin.

I continued running after her, she probably kept this up for about 15 minutes, running down lanes and sprinting across roads, but I hadn't even started. Once I had had enough of teasing her, I sprinted after her into the dead end alley I had been told to guide her into. Perfect.

She stopped, probably once she figured out it was a dead end, facing away from me, breathing very heavily and pulling her dress down again, I pulled my hood up and pretended to breathe heavily too, and she slowly turned around, peering over at me, probably wanting to know who I was, but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. She couldn't know who I was, not just yet.

I chuckled, I wanted her to be afraid of me, I wanted her to fear me, and I pushed her against a wall as she cowered in fright, and I grabbed her wrist and waist, but she just started to try to push me away, banging on my chest and pushing against my strong grip.