Chapter 40: Nothing is perfect. (The End)

Author's Note:

KIK ME ON: 1DAreMyWholeLife , I want to talk to you again!

I WATCHED THIS IS US AND OMG IF YOU'VE SEEN IT, THERE WAS A PART IN THE CREDITS WHERE HARRY JUMPS OVER AN ELEVATOR AND OMG I WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE WHEN HE DID THAT AND AFTERWARDS HE WAVES AT ME AND ASDFGHJKL THAT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE OKAY OMG.

After this chapter is uploaded, I will upload a final author's note, telling you all how much your support has meant to me. Please be sure to read that:) IT'S FINALLY ENDING. NO. NO NO NO THIS IS SO SAD FOR ME.

I won't say too much, I'll leave that to my final author's note:)

This is dedicated to: zeerocksxxx for all the times she's been there for me. She's been my closest internet buddy that I found during this story, and I'd just like to say thank you so much for talking to me Zee okay i love you baby. Also, she's writing a 'Dark' book like this one, so if you want to read something in the same style, go check it out! It is really amazing, so I recommend it!:)

And it's dedicated to everyone else that is reading this right now. Thank you so much for reading and giving Darken My Love this amount of feedback, I can never than you enough for that! :)

For the final time *sobs*: enjoy the chappie:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Zayn's POV**

We all watch in complete horror as Eric points the gun towards me, and before any of us could move, or even blink, he pulls the trigger.

Everything was in slow motion, I couldn't step back, I couldn't move out of the way, I couldn't even duck. I was stuck there, stuck to the spot, frozen into one specific point in time, my feet suddenly betraying me as they attach themselves to the ground.

I didn't want this to be the death of me. I didn't want anyone to see me die this way, especially not Belle, but there's certain things you can't stop, this unfortunately being one of them. As I was certain I was going to die, I guess in the half second I had before the bullet hit me, I tried to remember everything I was grateful for, and all I could think of was Belle.

I looked forward at Eric. Surely the bullet would have hit me by now, surely I should be laying on the floor, lifeless. What happened?

Eric hit the gun on the desk next to him, cursing about the fact that he just made a fool out of himself. He quickly went into the back room, probably to get the ammunition. He forgot to put bullets in the gun.

"Come! Quickly Please!" Belle screamed at the police that were waiting outside the door, but surely this wasn't the end? Eric walked back into the room, stunned at what was happening, the now loaded gun firmly in his hands. Eric had unfinished business, and if I knew him correctly, he wouldn't let a measly detail like the police stop him from finishing it.