Confined

I see myself.

  I see my wandering eyes in the dark, like a lost child among a crowd of strangers.

  I don't remember when it started.  Maybe it's because the first nights seemed tangled like dreams.

  Dreams that were connected to reality.  Like a drug that loses its effect over time.

  And over time, the reality intensifies.  And with that, I realized that there are forms.  Forms passing around me.

  As he gained confidence, he grew in courage.  Now they are everywhere.  I really can't see them.  I know.

  But I can feel them.  Like one feels the smell before the rain.  Yes, I can't see them, but I know they are here.  here with me...

  I see myself.

  I see my eagerness and desperation to know what they want from me.  I see that my answers prove to be baseless.

  I try to understand in every way, but can't understand.  They don't talk to me, but I know they are around.  Watching, waiting, watching.

  Watching my conscience fade away as the uninterrupted nights of terror continue.  They wish for it.  They enjoy it.

  It's all just a game.  They won't stop until my mind goes blank, and fear takes over all my senses.

  I know that now there is nothing worse than that, not even death itself.  I don't want to lose myself in their world.

  I don't want to take it anymore.  I want reality, no matter how hard it is.  And so, I need to survive.  Yes I want...

  I see myself.

  I see my feet running.  I see that they are behind me.  He realized that I would not bow down to his wish.

  He realized that instead of continuing with this torture, I would risk death myself.  They are holding me.  I can't see them.  But they are holding me.  My hands are placed behind my back.

  I ache all over.  They are stronger than me.  Big.  They won't give me a second chance.  He had enjoyed himself.  They have already got what they wanted.

  They have played with my body for a long time because there was nothing left.  There is nothing more to do.  I can't see them.

  But I see myself.

  I see that my wrist is broken in half.  I watch my torso contract during aggression.  I watch my last vein of strength shatter in a weak cry.  I see that my jaw is broken and all that is left of my mouth is dripping with blood.  I see my own body falling on the ground...

  I see myself as he left me.  Tears are not to be shed.  Because there is nothing left in me.  Just the fear of that memory.

  I only see myself and the pains I have gone through.  Because I know they didn't want me to see them.  I knew it from the beginning.  When they blindfolded me.