Friends forever???

There were two 15 year old girls named Ayesha and Sanjana who were best friends since childhood.  They lived in the same neighborhood, attended the same school and attended the same class.  In short, they were inseparable.  However, they are very different characters.  While Ayesha was cheerful and outgoing, Sanjana was very shy and quiet.

One day Sanjana and Ayesha were talking about their friendship.

  "Do you think we'll be best friends forever?"  Ayesha asked.

  "I think so," replied Sanjana.  "Why don't we?"

  "I don't know," said Ayesha.  "Sometimes when people get older, they fall apart."

  "I have an idea!"  Sajna said.  "Let's take an oath of blood!"

  "What one?"  Ayesha asked in surprise.

  "A blood oath," said Sanjana.  "Look, we both swear we'll be BFFs - Best Friends Forever. If we ever lose touch, we both swear we'll do everything we can to make sure we're together forever  .

This is nonsense, Sanjana," Ayesha said.  "We will not lose touch. We will always be together."

  But Sanjana continued to insist and, with a mix of amazement and amusement, Alice finally agreed to the offer.

  Sanjana found two needles and handed one to Ayesha.  The girls took a piece of paper and wrote "Best Friends Forever" on top of it and then signed their names on the bottom.  He lit a candle and heated the tips of two needles in the fire.  The two girls took their needles and pricked their index fingers and each put a drop of blood next to their signature.

  His blood oath was now sealed.

  As the years passed, the girls grew up and dropped out of school.  Ayesha went to college in another city, while Sanjana stayed in her hometown and got a job at a local store.  Both became boyfriends and fell in love.  The girls still keep in touch on the phone, calling each other at least once a week.

  When Ayesha completed her law degree, she got a good job and decided to get married.  The couple bought a house and settled down.  A few years later, they had a beautiful baby.  Ayesha was so busy with her family that she hardly got time to call Sanjana.  It wasn't long, phone calls stopped completely and friends lost touch with each other.

  Although Ayesha sometimes thought about her best friend from her youth, she never bothered to pick up the phone and call him.  In the end, life had taken the two women on separate paths and they had not seen each other since leaving school.

  One night, Ayesha had a terrible nightmare.  She was driving along an endless highway when suddenly a truck started entering her street in front of her.  The truck skidded and then collided with his car.

  She woke up suddenly, covered in sweat.  As she was trying to calm herself, she heard her front door bell ringing.  He looked at the clock near his bed and realized that it was after 3 o'clock.  Her husband was sleeping on the other side of the bed.

  At that very moment, loudly, the doorbell rang again.  Thinking who might come to see her at that time of the night, Ayesha got up, put on her nightgown and went downstairs.

  When she opened the door, she was shocked to see a woman standing on the verandah.  The woman was pale, very restless and had a large, bleeding wound on her forehead.  Although she had changed a lot, Ayesha recognized her immediately.  It was his old friend Sanjana.

  "OMG, Sanjana! What happened?"  she cried.

  Sanjana just kept staring at her.

"Come in out of the rain," said Ayesha. "Are you hurt?"

Sanjana didn't move from where she was.

"What's wrong, Sanjana?" pleaded Ayesha.

"Long time, no see, Ayesha!" hissed Sanjana. "I've come to fulfill my promise. I've come to tell you I died."

Ayesha was speechless. Sanjana  held up her hand and pointed at Alice with her index finger. Her finger was dripping blood.

"Life has separated us," Sanjana continued, "but we will be together in death. I'll be waiting..."

Ayesha fainted and collapsed on the ground.

The next morning, when Ayesha woke up, she found that she was lying in bed, next to her husband. She rubbed her eyes and wondered if the events of last night had all been just a bad dream.

At breakfast, she turned on the television and what she saw chilled her to the bone. The local newscaster was saying that, the night before, at 3 AM, there had been a fatal traffic accident. A truck had collided with a car on the highway. The driver of the car had been killed on impact.

The driver of the car was a woman named Sanjana.

From that moment on, Ayesha's  life became a living hell. She barely ate a thing, she forgot to pick up her child from school and when she went to work, she couldn't concentrate on her job.

Every night, she had the same terrible dream. She would awake to the sound of the front doorbell ringing. She would open the door and find Sarah standing there, her bloody index finger pointing straight at Ayesha. Each time, she said the same thing: "I'll be waiting..."

Each morning, Ayesha awoke in a cold sweat. She looked down and her bedsheets would be streaked with blood. She felt an excruciating pain in her finger and when she looked, her finger was covered in blood.

Her husband did not understand what was happening. He took his wife to see a doctor and a psychiatrist, but neither of them could find any explanation. Ayesha's  condition only grew worse and in her nightmares, she began seeing Sanjana standing at her bedside, pointing with her bleeding finger.

One night, the husband was awakened by a dreadful noise. It was the sound of breaking glass. He ran out to the bathroom and discovered that the window was broken. Peering outside, he saw Ayesha lying on the sidewalk, her limbs askew. The horrified man rushed downstairs and out the front door. There was a pool of blood around his wife's head.

Beside her, on the pavement, someone had written in her blood: "FRIENDS FOREVER".