Tv message

Five days ago, I came home from a long day at work and sat in front of the TV.  I was so tired that I fell asleep.  By the time I woke up it was almost 2:30.

    The television was still on, but all that was on the screen was test patterns and an annoyingly high tone.  I was about to turn it off and go to bed when something very strange happened.

    Suddenly, the color bars disappeared and the screen filled with static.  Through white noise, I could make out an image.  It gradually became clear and I realized it was news footage of a train accident.

    In the corner of the screen was a caption that read "NNN NEWS BROADCAST".  I had never heard of this before and I was wondering what was going on.  A long list of names slowly scrolled down the screen while sad music played in the background.  A slow, dull voice read each name one by one.

    That's when I thought I heard my name read.  A cold ran down my spine.

    This went on for at least five minutes or so, until the voice announced: "These are tomorrow's hunts... goodnight..."

    The music stopped, the picture came back to stillness and I sat on the couch wondering what I had just seen.

    That night, I was too nervous to sleep.  All night, I tossed and turned, thinking about the strange news broadcast.  In the morning, I called my boss and said I was too sick to come to work.

    Shortly before 9 a.m., the train by which I usually go to work derailed.  I saw the news report on TV.  About 60 people died in the accident.

    Since then, I am too scared to leave my house and cannot bring myself to watch TV at night.