A good day indeed

Anthony Quinto is a six year old and has mind-reading and many other godlike psychic powers. He has isolated Toronto from the rest of the universe. Thus people must grow their own food, and supplies of common household items like bar soap are dwindling.  He has blocked television signals and has not allowed cars to operate. He creates terrifying creatures, such as the three-headed gopher, which he then kills.  Everyone is under his rule, even his parents.  People live in fear of him, constantly telling him that everything he does is "good", as he sends anyone with sad thoughts to another world's cornfield, from which there is no return.  Is.  Having not experienced any form of discipline, Anthony also does not understand that his actions are wrong, and is confused when his father tells him that the neighbors are reluctant to let their children play with him because he  Had sent many of his companions to the corn field.

One night each week, Anthony gives the townspeople an hour of television, which he produces and projects onto the family's TV set.  The adults gather in Quinto's living room, squirming uncomfortably as Anthony shows them visions of screaming dinosaurs engaged in a bloody fight.  Unable to express their true feelings, they tell Anthony that it was far better on TV than it was before.

After the program ends, the adults celebrate Dan Hollis' birthday.  He receives two gifts from his wife: a bottle of brandy (which is one of only five bottles of alcohol left in the village) and a Perry Como record.  Dan is eager to hear the record, but he reminds everyone that Anthony doesn't like the song.  Drunk on brandy, he begins complaining about the pitiful state of the town, not being able to listen to the record, and no one singing "Happy Birthday" to him.  Dan follows and confronts the child, calling him a monster and a murderer.  While Anthony's anger rises, Dan yells for someone to attack Anthony from behind and end his reign of terror.  Auntie Amy (who is no longer able to sing because of Anthony) arrives tentatively for a fireplace poker, but no one has the guts to act.  Anthony turns Dan into a jack-in-the-box, leaving his wife heartbroken.  The adults are horrified by what Anthony has done, and his father tells him to accompany Dan to the corn field, which Anthony does.

He then causes the snow to fall outside.  The snow would destroy at least half the crops and the city would face starvation.  Anthony's father begins to reprimand Anthony about this, but his wife and other adults look on with worried smiles on their faces.  The father then smiles and tells Anthony in a horrified voice, "...but it's good you're making it snow. Really good thing. And tomorrow... tomorrow... will be a real good day!"  "

Anthony Quinto has been terrorizing the residents of Toronto for 40 years, still using his psychokinetic powers to lure people he considers "bad", including his own wife and father, to a mythical "cornfield".  His mother, Agnes, is shocked to learn that Anthony's lovely young daughter, Audrey, has inherited those powers.  This discovery is soon followed by another shocking discovery: Audrey can bring back the things her father banished to the cornfield.

With this realization, Agnes - who has grown to hate her son - tries to influence her granddaughter to use her powers to free Pekesville from Anthony's reign of terror.  When Anthony learns of his mother's plans, he hunts down each of the co-conspirators one by one, sending them to a corn field.  Agnes finally confronts her son, letting go of all the frustration, hatred and anger she had suppressed for forty years, and prompting Audrey to use her powers against her own father and banish Anthony.  Tries to persuade  Audrey is forced to choose between her grandmother and her father, whom she loves dearly.

  Caught between these two sides, Audrey eventually aligns herself with her father, saving him from a resident who attempted to kill him while his back was turned.  But then to Anthony's horror she sends her grandmother away and evacuates the town of Pekesville.  Anthony and Audrey are left alone, but Anthony soon realizes he's missing everyone else.  To please her father, Audrey brings back the world beyond Pekesville, which Anthony had sent away decades ago.  Audrey asks Anthony about moving to New York City, and her father replies that it is a big city with many people.  Audrey implies that they should all be nice to her and her father, or else they will face dire consequences.

Anthony later learns that his daughter is more powerful than he is, and he admits that he has done a "real good thing" by returning to the world outside Toronto.  As a couple pulls over to ask them if they know how to get to Highway 10, Anthony and Audrey make plans to travel to different places.  Anthony says that "It's going to be a good day. A real good day," as they approach the two men in the car.