Honeymoon

A few years ago a young man and his new bride went to Paris for their honeymoon.  While the happy couple were walking around the city, they decided to take some pictures.  The wife went to a fashionable clothing store and tried on several dresses while the husband waited outside the dressing room.  After a long time passed and the wife did not come out, the husband started to wonder why he was taking so long.

  He asked a lady of the shop to go to the dressing room and tell his wife to hurry up.  The assistant came out and said that his wife was not there.  In disbelief, he checked it himself, and found the dressing room completely empty.  He searched the entire shop, but could not find any of it.

  The husband thought that his wife might be playing a practical joke with him, so he returned to their hotel and waited for her.  But his wife never came.  As the hours passed, he became more worried.  When she did not return until the next morning, he became distraught and contacted the Paris police.

  Within 48 hours, the Paris authorities were searching for the missing American bride.  He released its details to radio stations and TV news channels.  She was described as a tall American woman of 24 years old with a birthmark on her left cheek.  It seemed that everyone in Paris was looking for the missing woman, but to no avail.  No one had seen him.  It was as if she had disappeared into thin air.

  The police did what they could, but after three weeks, they abandoned their search.  The husband began to suspect that his bride had other thoughts about his marriage, and he might have left her and ran away.  Six months later, exhausted and depressed, the husband finally left Paris and returned to India.

As the months turned into years, the man gave up on his beautiful wife, but his life was completely shattered.  He was so filled with grief that he was unable to find a job or move on with his life.  He wandered from place to place, country to country, letting fate take him where it took him.

  Two years later, he found himself in Goa during a carnival.  He stopped in front of a freak show in a dilapidated old tent.  The sign above the entrance reads "The House of Oddities".  Curious, the man came in and began to hate what was inside.

  Leaning in the cages, he saw a collection of terrifyingly deformed devils.  The bizarre denzines were terrifying examples of human suffering.  In the last dirty cage, he was horrified to see the special charm.  A twisted, bruised and disfigured woman, trembling back and forth and moaning in a strange voice.

  "The Worm Woman" was written on her cage.  He had no hands and feet.  They were cut off and only his torso remained.  His face was covered with jagged scars from the horrific operation and his mouth was closed.  As he rolled his sad eyes to look at her, the husband cried as he recognized the birthmark on his wife's face.