Space odyssey

When John touched the surface of the planet, it was daylight.  Looking out the window of his space capsule, he could see two suns and seven moons orbiting in the sky.

   Sensors indicated that the atmosphere on the planet was breathable.  John put on his spacesuit, opened the airlock and carefully exited the capsule.

   It was as if he had landed in a desert area.  Mountains of sand stretched as far as the eye could see, and everything was an angry shade of orange.  He took off his helmet and took a deep breath in.

   That's when he noticed it.  Alien craft on the horizon.

   Over mountains of sand, it kept hovering, getting closer and closer to another.  The craft landed nearby and a hatch opened.  Two figures came out.  They walked on two legs and their body shape was very similar to that of humans.  However, this is where the similarities end.

   He was very tall and his skin was a sick shade of green.  Their limbs were long and thin and their heads were large and bulbous.  They have no ears, no nose, and small, thin mouths without lips.  He had strange, shiny black eyes that almost looked like mirrors.

   When he saw aliens approaching, John was careful not to make any sudden movements.  He didn't want to scare them.  When they came near, he shook hands at them, attempted to make a friendly gesture and extended his hand.  The aliens looked at him eagerly, but kept their distance.

   "My name is John," he said.  "I come from planet Earth. I found peace."

   The aliens smiled at him and nodded.  They spoke to each other in a curious language of clicks and squeaks.  For a while, John clumsily tried to communicate with them.  It seemed that they understood him, but he could not understand them.

   He pointed to it and pointed to his spaceship.  They wanted him to follow them.  As he boarded the ship, the hatch closed behind him and they took off.

   The aliens brought him to their city.  They took him to a huge, complex building that seemed important and followed them through long halls and corridors until they came to a room.

   He looked so familiar as soon as he stepped inside the room.  The interior was almost an exact replica of a typical house on Earth.  There was a table and a chair, a bed, a wardrobe and a toilet.  One wall of the room was covered with long, purple curtains.

   One of the aliens left and when he came back, he was holding a tray.  He put the tray on the table and gestured for John to sit.  He obeyed and when he lifted the lid of the tray, he was shocked to see the food in a plate.  real food.  It was dinner, just like what on earth he would have eaten.

   He was impressed by the lengths the aliens went to to make him feel at home.

   The aliens turned and left and they heard a clicking sound as the door closed behind them.  John was hungry.  He picked up the knife and fork and started eating.

   Then, he heard a slow, buzzing sound and the curtains on the wall slowly moved back.  Through the window, he could see hundreds, if not thousands, of aliens outside.  They gathered there, staring at him.

   Then he saw the bars on the window.

   and sign.

   There were a lot of strange alien symbols on the sign, but beneath them, printed in full English, were the words: "Earth creatures in their natural habitat."