12. Family Reunion

Raya hadn't seen Dumbledore in many years.
She had once looked up to the Headmaster, but that was a long time ago.
Now, she was filled with anger and resentment when looking at Dumbledore.
He appeared older and more frail than the last time she had seen him, but Raya knew his age didn't stop him from being a threat.
Dumbledore still had a lot of influence on the wizarding world, and he had the power to destroy her life, if she stepped out of line.

"Hello Dumbledore. I would say it's good to see you, but that would be a lie, and we all know I don't lie anymore" said Raya cooly.
"Hello Mrs Black-" started Dumbledore.
"Raya" interupted Raya.
"Well, Raya, your brother mentioned that you might turn up. But I didn't actually think you would come here so promptly" replied Dumbledore.
"Yet you came down here to see if I had arrived, so you must have known I'd turn up"
"One of the portraits came to tell me that they saw you moving in this direction, which is why I am here"
"Well, you know that my son means the world to me. When I heard he was injured, I came straight here. Nothing would stop me from coming, especially as the person who injured him, was my godson".

"Do you wish to see Harry?" Questioned Dumbledore.
"Of course. Someone needs to scold him for his behaviour. He can't go picking fights in the corridor's" answered Raya.
"His head of house is talking to him now" informed Dumbledore.
"McGonagall is not a parent or a guardian. The Dursley's don't care about Harry, my husband is on the run, and James and Lily are dead. That leaves me, Harry's godmother, as the only guardian he has left. So, punishing him falls to me. It is about time we got reunited afterall".

"I don't think it is a good idea for you to see him" admitted Dumbledore.
"I don't care whether or not you think it's a good idea. You have kept me from my godson for long enough. It is time he knows who I am" insisted Raya.
"But you must understand that these are difficult times. Sirius has escaped from Azkaban-"
"I am very aware of that, as my house has been searched several times. But last time I checked, I am not my husband. I should not be punished for the crimes you believe he has committed-"
"That's another reason why I don't think you should see Harry. Because you don't believe that your husband is guilty".

"Sirius is innocent. But I am not stupid enough to go shouting that to everyone. I know what I promised during my trial. And I have no intention of saying something to Harry that will get me thrown in Azkaban" said Raya.
"Some at the Ministry might think me irresponsible, if I allow the wife of a convict, to see Harry" replied Dumbledore.
"I don't mean Harry any harm. I would never hurt that boy!" Announced Raya.
"Then why are you wearing a belt of knives under your clothes?"
"I never go anywhere without this, because in case you hadn't noticed, the world doesn't like me very much. And I have no magic to defend myself, should something bad happen. Besides, knives are no more dangerous than wands, which every 11 year old has access to... Look, if you feel the need to accompany me through the castle, then fine. But you will not stop me from seeing Harry".

Raya pushed passed Dumbledore and began heading towards McGonagall's office, to find Harry.
When she pushed open the door, she was stunned for a moment, as she thought she saw James staring back at her.
If it hadn't been for Harry's bright green eyes, Raya would have been convinced that she was looking at a ghost of James.
"Raya!" Gasped McGonagall as she jumped out of her seat.
"I'm sorry Minerva, but Raya insisted on talking to Harry" explained Dumbledore, as he appeared at Raya's side.

Harry looked away from McGonagall and stared at Raya, who was lingering in the doorway.
"Who are you?" He asked.
"I am your legal guardian. And I am here to have a word with you, alone" informed Raya.
"You know I cannot allow that" Dumbledore said quietly.
"Stand outside the door if you must, but no one is going to stop me from reuniting with my godson in private" replied Raya firmly.
Dumbledore seemed to notice the determined look on Raya's face, so a moment later he sighed and stepped out of the room, motioning for McGonagall to do the same.