87. Scarred But Alive

Raya had a sleepless night, filled with tossing and turning, as usual. Which is why she didn't appreciate being woken up early by her brother.
"Ugh. I thought we had a rule where no one talks to me before 10⁰clock" groaned Raya.
"It's about Harry" announced Remus.
Raya threw off her bed covers and immediately ran towards Remus.
"What about him? Do you know where he is? Is he O.K? Have the death eaters caught him?" Demanded Raya.
"I don't have all the answers. Bill messaged me, saying that Harry and his friends have just arrived at shell cottage" explained Remus.
"Take me there, now"
"Don't you want to-"
"Now!".

Remus relented, and took Raya to shell cottage, where Bill and Fleur lived, the moment she had clothes on.
Raya hammered on the door of the cottage, until Bill opened it, with his wand raised.
"I'm here for my godson" announced Raya.
"You will need to prove who you are, before I let you inside" informed Bill.
"Out of my way Weasley, or I shall bury a knife so far into you, that you won't even be able to get it out with magic" threatened Raya, as she stepped inside the cottage, and pushed passed Bill, calling out Harry's name as she went.

"I'm sorry about her" mumbled Remus, as he entered the house, and closed the door behind him.
"Harry!" Raya called again, more desperate than ever to see her godson.
She heard the sound of footsteps coming down the wooden staircase, and a moment later, Harry entered the living room, where she was stood.
Neither one of them said anything, instead they launched themselves into each others arms, not wanting to ever let go.
"I'll give you two some space" sighed Bill, before closing the door on them.

"Are you O.K?" Asked Raya.
"I'm fine" reassured Harry.
"Really?" Questioned Raya, not believing his answer.
"Yes. Me, Ron and Hermione are O.K. Hermione was tortured at Malfoy Manor, but Bill says she will be alright. We are all a bit shaken up and scarred, but we are alive and well".
"I can't believe you're alive" admitted Raya, when the pair eventually released each other.
Harry was thinner than she remembered, and he was covered in cuts and bruises, but he seemed otherwise O.K.

"And I can't believe you're alive. The Daily Prophet announced that you were killed after Bill and Fleur's wedding. No one knew what had happened to you. We all assumed the worst, because we knew you would never let your children be taken from you, if you were still alive. I was devastated when I thought that you were dead. I felt more alone than ever. But then we heard your voice on Potterwatch, and I realised that you were alive. I almost didn't believe that it was you, even though I would recognise your voice anywhere. I didn't want to get my hopes up that you were alive, in case it wasn't you. But as you continued talking, I decided that it really was you" revealed Harry.

"You've been listening to Potterwatch?" Questioned Raya.
"Not exactly. We've been trying to guess the password for ages. Yesterday was the first one I heard. And hearing your voice brought me so my joy. I can't believe that you're really alive" admitted Harry.
"There are times when I struggle to believe it myself. I really have been through hell and back. But I knew I had to fight on, for my children, and for you. I won't leave you alone in this world" promised Raya.
"What exactly happened to you, when you were taken from the wedding?"
"The chief death eater, as Lee likes to call him, tortured me, for information on you".

"What did you tell him about me?" Quizzed Harry.
Raya folded her arms, "You really think I'm that weak? That I would give up information on my godson, to save my own skin? I'm not Peter you know... Peter was there when I was being tortured. He begged me to give in, to save myself the pain that was to come. But I refused. I would never betray those I care about, to save myself. Your secrets are always safe with me. Besides, I didn't know where you had apparated to, so I couldn't help him, to find you, even if I'd wanted to".

"I hate the thought of you being tortured because of me" Harry said quietly.
"It wasn't your fault. And I don't want you to ever think that. You are our saviour, remember that... Speaking of which, have you come any closer to finding a way to kill him? You told me there were items you needed to find, that would help you to destroy him. Have you found them all?" Asked Raya.
"We found one" answered Harry.
"One? Harry, you've been at this for nearly a year"
"I know. But we know where the next one is, we just need to get to it. Which will take several weeks of planning".

"I don't want to rush you, but the wizarding world cannot go on like this for much longer. The people are at their breaking point. We need a solution, now, rather than later" informed Raya.
"I'm doing the best I can" insisted Harry.
Raya took a deep breath, "I'm sure you are. And it was wrong of me to put so much pressure on your young shoulders... I've been through a lot this passed year, and I look forward to a day when I can go out onto the street, without being kidnapped. And I want the people who hurt us, brought to justice. I want revenge".

"You're not the only one who wants revenge. You-Know-Who killed my parents. And Bellatrix killed Sirius. I want my revenge on both of them" admitted Harry.
"So do I. But there are a few people I want revenge on, more than that noseless freak. Peter, Severus and Jeremy Flint need to die by my hand, as soon as possible" announced Raya.
"Raya, Peter is dead" revealed Harry.
"What!"
"He helped me and Ron break out of the Malfoy's dungeons, and his own silver hand strangled him for it. You-Know-Who gave him that hand, under the promise that he never let his loyalty waver again. He broke that promise by letting me and Ron go, so the hand killed him".

"I still can't believe that Peter helped you" said Raya.
"Help is a strong word. And he did owe me a life debt, since I stopped you, Sirius and Remus from murdering him in the Shrieking Shack. Peter turned up just as me and Ron were escaping the cellar. He had his hand around my throat, and was going to choke me out, but when I reminded him that he owed me, he let me go. That's when his hand turned on him" explained Harry.
"And you're certain he's dead?" Questioned Raya.
"Yes. I watched him die, making no attempt to stop his hand from choking him to death"
"You did the right thing Harry. He didn't deserve to live".

"I'm sorry you lost your chance to get revenge on him though" apologised Harry.
"It wasn't your fault. And there are others on my list, like Flint and Snape, whom I can still get my revenge on" replied Raya.
"Who is this Flint person?" Questioned Harry.
"He was the one who held me prisoner in some disgusting laboratory, with two other Squibs, and experimented on us. The whole thing was his idea, so I want to personally get revenge on him. He wasn't there that day, when the Order raided the lab and freed me, so they weren't able to take him prisoner. But once I am strong enough, I will find him, and I will kill him slowly and painfully".

"So, you've been his prisoner all this time?" Quizzed Harry.
"Not exactly. I was freed just before Christmas. I've spent the last few months recovering and putting myself back together. I'm not the person I was before I was taken. You may have noticed that my hair is-"
"Short" interupted Harry.
"I was going to say white" finished Raya.
"Well, that happens with age, doesn't it?" Teased Harry.
Raya playfully elbowed him in the ribs.
"Watch it, chosen one".
"Sorry" grinned Harry.

"My hair is one of the many changes to me, that were caused by my time in the lab" sighed Raya.
"I'm glad you're out now" replied Harry.
"Me too"
"But even though we've been reunited, I can't come back with you. I need to stay here, with Ron and Hermione. We need to plan our next mission, and we can't have any interruptions. Here is as safe a place as any, so we will need to stay here".

"I understand that you have a job to do. But just please be careful" begged Raya.
"I can't promise that. There are things I need to do, that only I can do. And I must complete my mission, so that when the time comes, I will be able to defeat him" announced Harry.
"Then I will try and keep my distance from you, and not bother you every day. Since you've got things to do"
"Thank you"
"You're welcome... Good luck Harry. The fate of our world, is in your hands".