38. No More Fighting

Raya enjoyed touring Hogwarts with Harry, as it was still her favourite place in the world. She just wished that Molly wasn't there, as she spent the whole time glaring at her, and starting arguments.
Bill seemed to have no qualms about being around Raya, but he hadn't lost two brothers because of a traitor in the Order, so he had no reason to despise Raya.
Once the tour was over, everyone reconvened in the Great Hall, where the rest of the students had gathered in preparation for the final task.
"What are you all doing here?" Questioned Ron, when they made their way over to him.
"We've come to watch Harry compete" answered Molly.

"Mum!".
Raya smiled and turned around to face Jamie who was running towards her.
"Hi Jamie" said Raya, as she hugged her son tight.
"I didn't think I'd see you until later" admitted Jamie, as he released his mother.
"I came early to support Harry. You and I are his family remember, he doesn't have anyone else" replied Raya quietly.
"I know"
"Remus is bringing Sophia this evening to watch the final task with us"
"And Padfoot?"
"We decided it was too risky for him to join us. He's going to wait in Hagrid's garden until the trial is over. We can both go and visit him once it's over, with Harry, to tell him how it went"
"Good".

Raya placed her arm around Jamie and guided him back towards the others.
"So, how did the end of term exams go? You had your final one today, right?" Raya asked Ron.
"Yeah, it was History of Magic. I think I did O.K. Couldn't remember all of the goblin rebels names, so I invented a few" answered Ron.
Everyone except for Molly chuckled.
"They're all called stuff like Bodrod the Bearded and Urg the Unclean. I'm sure no one will notice that I made some up" continued Ron.
"I beg to differ. But never mind. No more exams now" replied Raya.
"I know, I'm so glad that I don't have to revise anymore" admitted Ron.

The group all sat down at the Gryffindor table and began tucking into dinner.
Jamie was even allowed to join them, as there were several other people and families not sat at their house tables.
Raya felt as if she had stepped back in time, and was having dinner with the Marauders again. And it didn't help that Harry and Jamie looked so much like their fathers.
Halfway through the meal, Harry realised that Molly was being cold towards Hermione as well as Raya.
"Mrs Weasley, you didn't believe that rubbish Rita Skeeter wrote in the Witch Weekly at Easter, did you? Because Hermione is not, and has never been my girlfriend" informed Harry.
"Oh, no, of course not" replied Molly quickly.

"Good. And I want to remind everyone that my godmother is innocent. The Ministry would have convicted her and sent her to Azkaban, if they believed she was guilty. She is not responsible for someone elses crimes, so I don't want everyone to keep treating her like a criminal" insisted Harry.
"It's alright Harry, you don't need to try and defend me" sighed Raya.
"But I want to. I care about everyone on this table, and I want us to all get along and stop fighting" replied Harry.
"Sometimes it is not that easy to forget the past. And I am not angry at anyone for their beliefs. I gave up trying to convince people of my innocence, a long time ago"
"Well, I am not going to give up fighting for you".

Molly shuffled uncomfortably in her seat, "Harry, I'm not sure you understand exactly what this woman has done".
"This woman is my godmother, and she cares a lot about me" announced Harry.
"She is also my mother" added Jamie.
"Raya is innocent, and she is not the reason I have no parents" informed Harry.
"Boys stop attacking Molly. Like I said, I don't blame her for hating me. And if I were in her shoes, I might act the same way towards someone I thought was a traitor" admitted Raya.
"I don't hate you" Molly said quietly.

"You lost your brothers in the war, because you were betrayed by someone I thought was my friend. Which is why I don't mind that you hate me, I should have known better than to trust him" admitted Raya.
"You did not kill Fabian or Gideon. Their blood is not on your hands" replied Molly.
"Does this mean we can all get along without arguing from now on?" Asked Harry.
Molly sighed deeply, "For your sake, I will put my feelings to one side".
"Thank you" replied Harry.
"But I must warn you, that no good will come from trusting her. Getting close to her will only bring you pain" warned Molly.
"I know that Raya will never hurt me. So, please just trust her, for me"
"I will try".

****
When the meal was over, Dumbledore stood to his feet, and silence fell throughout the hall.
"Ladies and gentlemen, in 5 minutes time, I will be asking you to make your way down to the Quidditch pitch, for the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament. Will the champions please follow Mr Bagman down to the stadium, now" announced Dumbledore.
As Harry stood up, the Gryffindor table began to applaud him loudly.

"Good luck Harry" whispered Raya, as she hugged him tight.
"Thanks" mumbled Harry, who was beginning to look quite pale.
"I know you are nervous, but you have no need to be. As long as you do your best, then we will be proud of you. Winning is not important" insisted Raya, as she let Harry go.
"I'm more worried about not coming out of the maze alive" admitted Harry.
"McGonagall and some other wizards will be patrolling the outside of the maze the whole time. If anything goes wrong, all you need to do is send up red sparks with your wand, and someone will come and rescue you".

"So, you won't think any less of me, if I have to be rescued in the first 5 minutes?" Asked Harry quietly.
"Of course not. I would rather you come out alive and a coward, than end up brave and dead. Besides, there is nothing cowardly about exiting a situation designed to test fully qualified adults, when you're only 14. You've done amazingly to get this far, and I am so proud of you. You're a very brave boy, and you've made your parents very proud, I'm sure... Now, get going before I get all emotional and start to cry" instructed Raya.
Harry gave Raya one last hug, before following the other champions out of the hall.

"He'll be O.K, mum" reassured Jamie.
"I hope so. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to him" admitted Raya.
"Me and Ron have been training Harry on jinxes and hexes for weeks, so that he was prepared for this task" revealed Hermione.
"I hope that's enough to get him through the maze in one piece... And I just pray that whoever put his name into the Goblet of Fire, doesn't have something sinister planned for him in this final task" mumbled Raya.