53. Christmas On A Ward

Since Sirius had offered up his home to the Weasleys for Christmas, so that they could be close to Arthur, 12 Grimmauld Place became an awful lot busier.
Hermione and Jamie arrived as well, once term had officially ended, adding two more bodies to the crowded building. And their arrival made Harry happy, and allowed him to put his vision in the past.
Raya deicided to stay with them all, along with Sophia and Remus, despite the risks, because she just wanted to enjoy the Christmas holidays.
Sirius was also a lot happier than Raya had seen him in a long time, and she often caught him humming Christmas carols around the house. He even decorated the beheaded house-elves with little santa hats.

Although Raya was happy, she couldn't help but feel guilty that she was being forced to keep secrets.
Sirius and Dumbledore didn't want her telling Harry the truth about his visions, and Harry and Jamie didn't want Sirius knowing what Umbridge made them do in detention.
Raya had gone so long without keeping secrets, that she hated what she was being forced to do.
But, if someone in her family were to ask her a direct question and demand an answer, she would tell the truth, not caring about any promises she had made. For she did not lie.

But even keeping secrets couldn't stop Raya from enjoying Christmas day with her family.
It was the first year Harry had been able to be with them, and having him there, made Christmas feel complete.
And since all the Weasleys were also living in Grimmauld Place, Christmas became a very big affair.
Everyone recieved wonderful presents from each other.
Even Kreacher recieved a gift, curtesy of Hermione, who had knitted him a quilt, despite the fact that he wasn't there to recieve it.

"I think I'll just leave his present here. He can find it later" announced Hermione, as she left the gift in the cupboard under the boiler, which was Kreacher's room.
"Come to think of it, has anyone actually seen Kreacher lately?" Questioned Sirius, as he entered the kitchen carrying a giant turkey.
"No" answered Raya.
"The last time I saw him was when you were ordering him out of the kitchen, the night we arrived" informed Harry.
"Hmm. You know, I think that's the last time I saw him too. He must be hiding upstairs somewhere" replied Sirius.

"He couldn't have left, could he? I mean, when you said out, maybe he thought you meant get out of the house?" Suggested Harry.
"No, house-elves can't leave unless they're given clothes. They are tied to their families house until they die" informed Sirius.
"They can leave the house if they really want to. Dobby did, he left the Malfoy's house, to give me several warnings, 2 years ago. He had to punish himself afterwards, but he managed to do it" admitted Harry.

"I'm sure Kreacher hasn't gone anywhere. I'll look for him later. I expect I'll find him crying his eyes out over my mothers old bloomers or something... Of course, he might have crawled into the airing cupboard and died. But I mustn't get my hopes up" grinned Sirius.
Everyone but Hermione laughed. Even Raya.
At first, she had tried to be nice to the elf, but he had been so horrible back to her, that she had given up trying. And had begun to loathe him just as much as Sirius did.

****
After lunch, everyone but Sirius, headed to St Mungo's to visit Arthur.
Moody and Mundungus had also turned up, to act as Harry's guards for the outing.
Arthur seemed very pleased to see them all, but he looked a little sheepish.
"Is everything alright, Arthur?" Questioned Molly.
"Fine, fine... You haven't seen Healer Smethwyck, have you?" Asked Arthur.
"No. Why?" Quizzed Molly.
"No reason".

"Arthur, why have you had your bandages changed a day early?" Demanded Molly.
"Well, now, don't get upset Molly, but Augustus Pye had an idea, he's a trainee Healer you know, lovely young man, anyway, he is very interested in Muggle medicine... Some of these old Muggle remedies are called stitches, and they work very well on Muggle wounds..." faltered Arthur.
"Do you mean to tell me, that you have been experimenting with Muggle remedies?" Frowned Molly.
"Not exactly. It was just something we thought we would try. Unfortunately, it didn't work as well as we had hoped, on this kind of wound" admitted Arthur.