73. Another funeral

Hogwarts was supposed to be the safest place in the world, yet Harry and Jamie had both received mental and physical scars there. And they hadn't even finished their education yet.
Raya wanted to take her boys out of school and bring them home where they would be safe, but both of them refused.
Several of their classmates were pulled out of school by their parents, but Harry and Jamie wanted to stay at Hogwarts.
To Raya's surprise, Remus actually followed her advice and listened to his heart. And him and Tonks began dating immediately.
The impact this had on them both was extraordinarily positive, and Tonks's hair was back to being a vibrant colour, as she was happy once again.

Dumbledore's funeral took place at Hogwarts, a week after his death. And almost everyone in the wizarding world was attending the event.
All the Order members were there, along with Hogwarts staff, ghosts and students, and several Ministry officials.
Raya expected a lot of them were simply there for appearances sake. As she doubted that Rita Skeeter, Dolores Umbridge or Cornelius Fudge actually cared that Dumbledore was dead.

After the service Raya made her way over to Harry, who was stood alone by the lake.
"I wasn't sure if you would come" admitted Harry.
"Why?" Questioned Raya.
"You never liked Dumbledore" reminded Harry.
"No, I know. But no matter what my personal feelings towards Dumbledore were, even I can admit that he did a lot for the wizarding world. He stopped Gellert Grindelwald, created the Order of the Phoenix, and defied the Ministry at every turn. There are many things he did that I was grateful for. Which is why I am here today, to show my respect".

"Careful, that almost sounded like you were complimenting him" smiled Harry.
"Well, we can't have that. I still don't like the man, and I hated how he used us. But I am not happy that he is dead. Things will be a lot harder for our side, now that he is gone" admitted Raya.
"I know. Voldemort has nothing to fear now, as Dumbledore was the only person he was scared of" replied Harry.
"I don't expect it will be long before he attempts a coup, and tries to overthrow the Ministry"
"Well, I am not going to wait around for him to take over. I am going back to the Dursley's for the summer until I turn 17, but I won't be coming back to Hogwarts for my final year".

"Can I ask why you are abandoning your education?" Questioned Raya.
"Dumbledore left me a job to do, and I need to finish it. You've heard the prophecy, so you know that I am the only one who can destroy Voldemort for good. The Ministry certainly aren't going to do anything to stop him. Dumbledore has shown me how to kill him, but it might take a little while. There are certain things I need to find to help me stop him. I will be looking for them, which is why I cannot return here in September" revealed Harry.
"And do you have to find these objects alone?" Asked Raya.
"Hermione and Ron have offered to come with me".

"Aren't you going to bring your girlfriend along?" Quizzed Raya.
"I broke up with Ginny to keep her safe, because I don't want to put a target on her back. Besides, she is too young to help out. I turn 17 in July, and after that I can use magic outside of school without being detected. Ginny doesn't come of age for another year, so she will still have the Trace on her in September. Which is why I cannot bring her along" answered Harry.

"And I don't suppose you want help from any actual qualified adults?" Questioned Raya.
"No. Dumbledore left me this task and he told me not to tell anyone else" informed Harry.
"Even me?" Quizzed Raya.
"Even you"
"It seems that Dumbledore is keeping secrets from the world, even after his death"
"I know you hate secrets, but keeping this information a secret, really is for the best"
"I hope you're right".

"Dumbledore's service was nice, wasn't it? I wasn't sure what to expect, because I've never been to a funeral before" admitted Harry.
"It was a very pleasant service, I agree. Unfortunately I have been to more funerals than I can remember" sighed Raya.
"You have?" Frowned Harry.
"During the first wizarding war, before your parents died, I went to one nearly every week. When Peter turned into a spy for Voldemort, we started losing Order members very quickly. Peter betrayed a lot of people and not just your parents. I have also burried both of my parents, and my surrogate parents Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. So, I have ended up going to an awful lot of funerals in my life"
"That sucks"
"Tell me about it".

"Ah, Mr Potter, I was hoping I'd find you here".
Raya and Harry spun around and saw Scrimgeour standing behind them.
"What do you want, Minister?" Demanded Raya.
"I wish to talk to Harry" answered Scrimgeour.
"Well, I don't want to talk to you" said Harry coldly.
"Harry, this was a dreadful tragedy. I cannot tell you how appalled I was to hear of it. Dumbledore was a great wizard. We had our disagreements, as you know, but no one knows better than I-"
"What do you want?" Interupted Harry.

"You are, of course, devastated. I know you and Dumbledore were very close. The bond between you two-" started Scrimgeour.
"What do you want?" Harry asked again.
"The word is that you were with Dumbledore the night he died" replied Scrimgeour, as he dropped his false pretence that he was concerned for Harry's wellbeing.
"Who's word?" Questioned Raya.
"Somebody Stupefied a death eater in the tower after Dumbledore died. There were also two broomsticks up there. And the Ministry can add two and two together" answered Scrimgeour.
"Oh really, well that's good to know" Raya said sarcastically.

"Look, Dumbledore didn't want anyone to know where we went, so I am not going to tell you" informed Harry.
"Such loyalty is admirable, but Dumbledore is gone, Harry. He is gone" reminded Scrimgeour.
"He will only be gone from the school when none there are loyal to him" replied Harry.
"My dear boy, even Dumbledore cannot return from the-"
"I am not saying that he can. You wouldn't understand... Look, I've got nothing to tell you".

"There you go Minister, my godson has nothing more to say to you" announced Raya, as she placed one arm around Harry and tried to steer him away from Scrimgeour.
But unfortunately the Minister was not so easily deterred.
"The Ministry can offer you all sorts of protection, you know Harry. I would be delighted to place a couple of aurors at your service" offered Scrimgeour.
"Voldemort wants to kill me himself, and he's not going to let a couple of aurors stop him. So, no thanks" replied Harry.

"So, the request I made of you at Christmas?" Asked Scrimgeour.
"What request? Oh yeah, the one where I tell everyone that the Ministry is doing a good job, in exchange for you helping me with my career" answered Harry coldly.
"It would raise everyone's morale" insisted Scrimgeour.
"You know I don't like the way the Ministry runs"
"But we could work together-"
"Released Stan Shunpike yet?"
"Eugh. I see you are still-"
"Dumbledore's man through and through. That's right".

Raya pulled out one of her knives and gripped it tightly in her hand.
"That's enough, Scrimgeour. Harry doesn't want to answer your questions or help the Ministry in anyway. So, I suggest you go back to your colleagues, if you know what's good for you" threatened Raya.
"Very well. I know a lost cause when I see one" sighed Scrimgeour, before walking back to the other Ministry officials.
"You know, I really hate that man" commented Harry.
"Me too kid, me too" mumbled Raya.