89. Disobedience

Raya doted on her nephew Teddy, and helped Tonks and Remus look after him.
The boy dazzled them all with his incredible Metamorphmagus abilities. And Jamie and Sophia were very fond of their little cousin.
They were all like one big dysfunctional family, that somehow all managed to work together.
Raya could almost forget the terrible world outside, when they were with each other.

One night, Raya left the living room and found Jamie standing in the hallway with a galleon in the palm of his hand.
"Why are you not in bed?" Sighed Raya.
Jamie didn't answer, instead he grabbed his coat, and threw it over himself, before putting on his shoes.
"Where do you think you're going at this time of night?" Continued Raya.
Jamie stood back up to face her, "I'm going back to Hogwarts".

"Why on earth would you want to go back there, especially at this time of night?" Questioned Raya.
"Because I've been summoned back. The DA has been using these coins to communicate all year, just like we did when Umbridge was in charge. I've just gotten word that Harry has arrived at Hogwarts. Everyone is making preparations to fight, and we are going to make our stand, tonight" announced Jamie, as he placed the coin into his pocket, and took out his wand.
"You can't seriously think that Dumbledore's Army stands a chance against the death eaters" replied Raya.
"We have the teachers and the rest of Hogwarts on our side. And even if we don't win, we will go down fighting".

"But you're not 17 yet. So, you should know, that I would never let you run off into danger" said Raya.
"No offence mum, but I wasn't asking for your permission. I am going to fight for my friends and my school, whether you like it or not. I don't care that I'm not an adult yet, and you shouldn't either, because you joined the Order of the Phoenix, while you were still at school. You started fighting the death eaters when you were my age, even though you had no magic. And no one stood in your way and tried to stop you from doing what was right. So, please don't try and stop me" begged Jamie.

"You're my son. It's my job to protect you" reminded Raya.
"And you've done an amazing job. But now I'm older, and it's time for me to make my own decisions. I cannot sit back while the people who ruined our lives, rule over us. I have to make a stand, just like you did. I'm the son of two Order members, so you can't really expect me to stand back and do nothing" replied Jamie.
"I don't want you to go running into a battle that you cannot win"
"I'm sorry mum, but there is nothing you can do to stop me".

Jamie ran out of the house, so that he could apparate away from their street without disrupting the Fidelius Charm around their home, since he still had the Trace on him.
Raya began calling out his name, but she knew it was too late, for he was already gone.
Her shouting, caused Remus and Tonks to emerge from their room, with Teddy in toe.
"Jamie's gone to Hogwarts to fight alongside Harry and his friends" explained Raya.
"Ah, I thought he might have done" replied Remus.

"Why do you not seem shocked by this?" Demanded Raya.
"Because Kingsley just got word to me, and told me that he's sending the Order to Hogwarts, to fight alongside the kids. I assumed Jamie would want to come, which is why it doesn't suprise me that he's already left" answered Remus.
"This is really happening then? We are really going to Hogwarts to fight the death eaters?" Quizzed Raya.
"Yes. And You-Know-Who is on his way there as well"
"Merlin's beard. It's going to be a bloodbath"
"Exactly. Which is why you are going to stay here".

Raya frowned and placed her hands on her hips, "I'm sorry, in what world do you think I am just going to stay here and let my loved ones fight in a battle without me? I am the Lioness afterall, and the Lioness is not a coward".
"I live in the real world Raya. Not in a world of fairytales and childish nicknames. And I know that you will only be a hindrance and not a help in this battle" admitted Remus.
"How dare you-" started Raya.
"Let me finish. Because I'm sure that deep down, you know what I'm going to say, is true. You are in no fit state to fight on a battlefield. After what your body went through, you will not be strong enough, physically or mentally to join us at Hogwarts" interupted Remus.

"But I'm getting stronger" reminded Raya.
"You are. But you are not yet back to how you were before. And I don't want to lose you tonight... You are also not used to fighting with these knives. Your current weapons have not yet seen combat, so you do not trust them with your life, and neither do I. You don't want to step into battle with weapons you can't rely on. Since you have no magic, it would not be safe for you to come with us. And if the death eaters see you, and you are captured, you will be held in a lab again and experimented on, because you're a Squib. I would rather die then let that happen to you again" informed Remus.

"But you're my brother, Remy, and I'm not going to just sit here and twiddle my thumbs, while you are in danger. My kids are also at Hogwarts. Harry and Jamie need me, and I will not abandon them" announced Raya.
"It's your kids that I want you to think of. Imagine how distraught they would be if they had to go through the pain of losing you all over again. And who would look after them, if something happened to you? You also need to think of Sophia for a change. You left her all alone last time, and went charging off to the Ministry to fight. I will not let you do that again. Who would raise Sophia, if you died at Hogwarts?" Questioned Remus.

Before Raya could respond, Tonks placed a sleeping Teddy Lupin, into her arms.
"And who will look after my son, if his parents die tonight?" She asked.
"I can't just stay behind, while you're off risking your lives" insisted Raya.
"Please, promise me that you will stay here. I need someone I can trust to watch over my son, if something happens to me. You're his godmother, which means you made a promise to put his needs before you're own. So, I'm begging you, please look after my son, and don't follow us into battle" pleaded Tonks.

"I don't want either of you to die" Raya said quietly.
"Neither of us want to die. But we have to risk everything, if we want our son to grow up in a safe and beautiful world. We are doing this for him" announced Remus.
"Please come back to me" begged Raya.
Remus placed his arms around her and kissed her head, "I will do my best".
He then knelt down and kissed Teddy's forehead.

"Are you going to say goodbye to your mother?" Raya asked Tonks.
"No, let her sleep. She would only try and stop me from leaving, which would be a waste of time. Because nothing will stop me from joining my husband" answered Tonks.
"Promise me that if you see Jamie, you will try and keep him safe" pleaded Raya.
"You have my word" replied Remus.
Tonks kissed Teddy tenderly, before linking hands with Remus, and disapparating to Hogwarts. Leaving Raya alone, with a baby in her arms.