88. New Arrival

Raya kept her promise and did her best to stay away from Harry, so he could continue plotting to take down Voldemort.
She didn't want to leave him alone, when they had already missed out on so much time together. But she knew she had to do what was best for the wizarding world, and not what was best for her.
She distracted herself by helping Tonks prepare for her due date. And when Tonks went into labour, Andromeda, Remus, and Raya were all at her side.
Having watched Lily give birth, and having given birth herself, Raya knew exactly what kind of support she needed to give to Tonks.
Andromeda smiled properly for the 1st time since Ted's death, when she held her newborn grandson in her arms for the first time.

"Well done. You did so well" praised Raya.
"Thanks. I couldn't have done it without your help and guidance" admitted Tonks.
"I'm sure you could've done. You're one of the strongest people I know" replied Raya.
"Coming from you, that's a pretty big compliment, since you're the most badass person I've ever met"
"I know that I'm pretty awesome. But you're the one who just gave birth, so I think that today, you are the most impressive one".

"Impressive is definitely the right word to describe my wife... You were amazing" smiled Remus, before kissing his Tonk's head.
"Thanks" blushed Tonks.
"So, do you know what you are going to call your son?" Asked Raya.
"Yes. His name is Teddy, after my father" answered Tonks.
"That's a lovely idea" replied Raya.
"Teddy Remus Lupin. He takes his name from his father and his grandfather. Two amazing men".
"I don't know about that" admitted Remus, as he awkwardly ran his fingers through his hair.
"Stop being so modest Remy, we all know how amazing you are" scolded Raya.

"Raya, we'd like you to be Teddy's godmother" announced Tonks.
"Me?" Gasped Raya.
"Of course. Who else could we choose to protect our baby better than you?" Asked Tonks.
"I'm already his aunt, so I already plan on protecting him with my life. Are you sure you don't want to pick someone else to be his godmother?" Questioned Raya.
"No, we want you"
"Alright then, I gladly accept the position... Who will be his godfather?"
"Harry".

"Harry? You haven't exactly chosen the most responsible people to be Teddy's godparents" pointed out Raya.
"That's why Molly is going to be his second godmother" revealed Tonks.
"Good. That means at least one rational person is watching over him" replied Raya.
"That's what me and Remus thought" smiled Tonks.

"Can I hold my godson?" Asked Raya.
Andromeda handed Teddy over to Raya, but as she did, the boys hair turned from black to ginger.
"Did everyone else see that, or am I losing the plot?" Questioned Raya.
"No, we definitely all just saw Teddy's hair change colour" reassured Remus.
Tonks grinned and changed her own hair colour to match her sons.
"It looks like Teddy is going to be a Metamorphmagus like me" she revealed.

Raya looked over at Andromeda, "Is that possible?".
"Dora's hair started changing colour the day she was born. So, I would say it is entirely plausible that Teddy is a Metamorphmagus like his mother" answered Andromeda.
"We always knew you were going to be special. But you've already blown us all away with your talents" Raya whispered to Teddy.
She kissed his head before handing him over to Tonks.
"He is my special little boy" beamed Tonks.

Raya turned and looked at her brother.
"We should head to shell cottage and tell them the good news" announced Raya.
"Is that alright?" Remus asked Tonks.
"Yes, go. And then head to where the rest of the Weasleys are living and tell them" instructed Tonks.
"You're really O.K with me leaving?" Questioned Remus.
"I'm fine. I have my mother by my side to keep me safe. So go"
"Alright. We'll be back soon".

Remus took hold of Raya's hand and apparated the pair to shell cottage, where they were greeted as usual by a stern Bill.
He always had his guard up when anyone arrived, and he didn't let his guard down until they had proven who they were.
"It is I, Remus John Lupin. I am a werewolf married to Nymphadora Tonks, and you, the secret keeper, told me the address in case of-" began Remus.
"Come in, Lupin" interupted Bill, as he let Remus and Raya inside.

Remus looked around to make sure that everyone was in the room, before making the announcement.
"It's a boy! We've named him Ted, after Dora's father" he revealed.
"What? Tonks has had the baby?" Gasped Hermione.
"Yes, she's had the baby" answered Remus.
Fleur and Hermione squealed in delight, and Ron said blimey, as if he had never heard of someone having a baby before.
As Remus made his way around the room, everyone congratulated him, and shook his hand.

Eventually Remus stopped in front of Harry.
"You'll be the godfather?" He asked.
"M-me?" Stammered Harry.
"Yes, of course. Dora quite agrees. No one better" replied Remus.
"I- yeah- blimey".
"I couldn't believe it either when he asked me to be Teddy's godmother" admitted Raya.
"Why? You'll be a great godmother to Teddy, just like you are to me" reassured Harry.
"Even you have to admit that I'm not the most natural godmother. I have made many mistakes with you over the years" sighed Raya.
"And that is what makes you such a good godparent"
"Well then, since you and I are both Teddy's godparents, we had better not screw this kid up. His fate is in our hands".

Bill moved around the room and handed everyone a goblet of wine.
"A toast to Teddy Remus Lupin. A great wizard in the making" announced Bill.
Raya raised her glass along with everyone else, but she did not drink from it like they did, and Harry noticed.
"Not drinking?" Questioned Harry, as Raya placed her goblet down onto the table.
"I used to have quite a taste for wine. But because of my time in the lab, my insides have been messed up, and I can't stomach alcohol anymore. It makes me throw up" revealed Raya.
"Oh. I didn't know" mumbled Harry awkwardly.
"Don't worry about it. It's not a fact I like to share, so it's not your fault that you didn't know".

"Who does he look like?" Fleur asked Remus.
"I think he looks like Dora, but she thinks he looks like me. His hair looked black when he was born, but within an hour it had turned ginger. It will probably be blonde by the time we get home" grinned Remus, as Bill refilled his goblet.
"We'll have to bring you all pictures the next time we visit" said Raya.
"That would be lovely" replied Fleur.
"And hopefully, one day soon, when the world is a bit less scary, you will all have the chance to meet him in person" announced Remus.
"I would like that very much" Harry said quietly.
"Me too Harry, me too" mumbled Raya.