65. Ancestral Home

Raya didn't want to talk to any reporters, until she had spoken with Harry, since it was his story as well as hers.
But since he was currently the most important person in the country, she couldn't go and collect him like the old days. So, she had to ask Moody to do her a favour, and get Kingsley to bring Harry to her.
"Hey kid, miss me?" Asked Raya, as she hugged Harry tight.
"Of course" answered Harry, before releasing her.

"You know Raya, you really should've asked us a security question first, before letting down your guard" sighed Kingsley.
"Thank you for that useless bit of information that I already knew. You've done your part, now bugger off" instructed Raya.
Kingsley shook his head in despair before walking off.
"Hey, why did you bite Kingsley's head off like that?" Questioned Harry, as he stepped inside the manor behind Raya.
"Don't forget, that before he learned that Sirius was innocent, he was the one in charge of conducting raids on my house" answered Raya.
"I guess your dislike of him makes sense then".

"It also means he owes me one, for breaking into my house all those times, for no reason, which is why I had him bring you to me. I instructed my old friend Moody, to get Kingsley to bring me to you" informed Raya.
"Yeah, about that, why not get me yourself? And why haven't you come to visit me yet this summer?" Questioned Harry.
"Because I'm not allowed" answered Raya.
Harry frowned, "What do you mean?".
"I'm not allowed to take you from the Dursley's, as it is the one place you are safe from Voldemort. Which means I can't even visit you without an escourt from the Ministry" explained Raya.

"But last year-" started Harry.
"Last year the Ministry didn't believe Voldemort was back or that you were in danger, so the Order was in charge of your safety. Which meant I could come and go as often as I liked, because I'm in the Order. But now that the Ministry and our new Minister; Scrimgeour, do believe Voldemort is back, they think it is their responsibility to protect you. That means that only people the Ministry approve of, can move you. Which rules out me and Remus because I'm a Squib and he's a werewolf. The Burrow is also having protective magic placed around it, so that when you go there in a week or so, you will be protected. All of the Weasley's mail is also being read as a precaution to keep you safe. The Weasleys can look after you, because Arthur works at the Ministry, and the whole family have magic. But I cannot take you out to dinner without someone to guard you, since I don't count as a protector as I'm just a Squib" interupted Raya.

"That's stupid. Anyone who thinks you aren't dangerous, clearly hasn't seen you with your knives" admitted Harry.
"I am rather good with them, I admit. But the Ministry are just trying to protect you, since you are the Chosen One" replied Raya.
Harry groaned, "Don't call me that".
"It must be nice having the Prophet and the Ministry on your side though"
"Not really. I almost preferred it when they were mocking me"
"Well, chin up, I have finally delivered on my promise, and brought you here, to the Potter family manor. So, what do you think of it so far?"
"The outside was great, so I can't wait to see the inside".

"I will give you the grand tour. And as we go around, I think you will find the Potter ancestral home, very different to the Blacks" announced Raya, as she began to lead Harry around.
"Less snakes than in Grimmauld Place" grinned Harry.
"Way less snakes. Potters do not get placed in Slytherin. So, you will see a lion everywhere you go" replied Raya.
"Thanks for bringing me here"
"I know I've been promising to do it for years, but I thought it was finally time you saw your ancestors home. And in case I don't live to see the end of this war, I wanted to show you around, while I'm still alive".

"The last time I saw you, you weren't doing great. How are you now?" Asked Harry.
"I'm doing better, thank you. I'm not back to normal yet, and Sophia is still living with Molly. But I'm feeling better than the last time I saw you" answered Raya.
"How are things without Sirius?" Questioned Harry.
"Hard. I know I was without him for 12 years, but I had gotten used to having him back in my life. So, it's been difficult readjusting to life without him. I've never been a widow before".

"How is Jamie taking it?" Quizzed Harry.
"I'm not sure. Now that he's older he doesn't talk to me about his feelings anymore. But he's a teenage boy, so I don't expect him to tell me everything. He's entitled to his own thoughts and feelings" admitted Raya.
"Where is he now?" Asked Harry.
"He's either in his room, or the library".

"You have a library?" Gasped Harry.
"Oh yes. The Potter library is wonderful. And Jamie loves reading in there" revealed Raya.
"So, he won't be outside enjoying the sun?" Questioned Harry.
"Definitely not. He's a Ravenclaw, who prefers being indoors with a book in his hands. The grounds here may be large, but Jamie is not an outside person like you"
"I guess I like the outside so much because I love playing Quidditch. I was also locked in a cupboard for most of my childhood, so I've always liked the outside".

"We don't keep children in cupboards in this house. I think you will find all of the bedrooms rather spacious. In fact, let me take you to your father's bedroom. It's been mostly untouched since he moved out. I could never bring myself to put any of his things into boxes" revealed Raya, as she made her way upstairs towards James's room.
When they stepped inside, Harry's jaw dropped.
"I know. It looks like he might return any minute" continued Raya.

"I didn't think it would be so messy" commented Harry.
Raya chuckled, "Your dad was not a tidy person. He grew up with a lot of stuff, and he always felt like tidying up was beneath him. At least until he started dating your mum. Godric's Hollow was a lot cleaner than this".
"I'd love to see that one day" informed Harry.
"I'm sure you would. But I won't be taking you there any time soon. My mental health is already questionable. And I think I would have a complete break down if I went back to the place where I found your parents bodies" replied Raya.
"I would never want you to do something you weren't comfortable with".

"Thank you Harry... And speaking of things that make you uncomfortable. How would you feel if I gave an interview for the Daily Prophet or some other newspaper?" Asked Raya.
"What kind of interview?" Questioned Harry.
"One where I revealed all of the ways the Ministry have mistreated me and my family. The interview you did with Rita Skeeter inspired me, and I'd like to do something similar, to change public opinion about me"
"If it's about you, then why do you want to know if I'm O.K with you doing it?".

"Because I won't just be talking about me. I can't tell my story without mentioning you and your parents. And I want everyone to know exactly what Umbridge and the Ministry put you through last year. I don't want her and Fudge to get away with what they did, just because he resigned. I want the world to know how people used to treat me and Jamie, when we were in public places. I want them to know I was fired from my job when Sirius escaped Azkaban. And I want them to know that the Ministry conducted several raids on my house, without any proof that Sirius was here. My goal is to change public opinion, and get people to see my side of the story" explained Raya.

"Well then, I say go for it" encouraged Harry.
"You're really O.K with it?" Quizzed Raya.
"Yeah. As long as you try and mention me as little as possible, I'm cool with you taking the Ministry down a couple of pegs... Speaking of the Ministry, what do you know about Rufus Scrimgeour?" Questioned Harry.
"You mean, do I think our new Minister for Magic is any good?"
"Yes. The Prophet said that he's already had an argument with Dumbledor, and I wanted to know what you thought about him".

"Well, I don't know him all that well. He used to run the auror office, which means he's a doer and not a talker. Which could be good for us, if he plans on taking Voldemort head on. But no one who has the opportunity to be Minister for Magic, can ever be a good person. Power like that corrupts people and he is still a politician, so he cannot be trusted, even if he isn't like Fudge" warned Raya.
"Don't worry, after what happened in the past, I will never trust the Ministry" reassured Harry.
"Good. People like that only look out for themselves. Those in power seek to stay there, by any means necessary" replied Raya.
"I will never be swayed by a Minister for Magic, don't you worry".