92. One Family

Raya found her family all sat together, in the battle scarred Hogwarts courtyard.
Harry, Andromeda and Jamie were sat on a stone bench, while Sophia sat on the floor in front of them, playing with flowers.
"Is it done?" Asked Harry, when he saw Raya approaching.
Raya nodded, and took Teddy out of Harry's arms, "It's done".
"Good. Then we will talk no more about it. What you did was in the past, and it is now time to move on" announced Harry.
"Thank you" replied Raya, before sitting down inbetween him and Jamie.

"What exactly happens now?" Questioned Jamie.
"We all go home" answered Raya.
"Where is our home? We've lived in a lot of places. 12 Grimmauld Place, the Burrow, Andromeda's house, Remus's house, our safe house, they've all been my home at some point in my life" reminded Jamie.
"I know. And I know how hard these past few years have been for you. But we only have one true home, and that is the Potter Manor. So, that is where we will be returning to" informed Raya.

"Harry, you are most welcome to come home with us. In fact, I would like it if you would, because I want to have you in my life. But, I know you have your own home to go to" continued Raya.
"I do want to return to 12 Grimmauld Place tonight, and make it my permanent residence, since you and Sirius left it to me. But I do want to spend time with you, now that the war is over, since we have missed out on so much time together" admitted Harry.
"There will always be a room for you at the manor, and anytime you want to come over, you can, you don't need to ask. My home, is your home" replied Raya.
"Thank you".

Raya looked over at Andromeda, who was sitting at the end of the bench, looking solemn.
"Andy, I want you to move into the Potter manor with us" announced Raya.
"That is very kind, but I must return home" informed Andromeda.
"I'm not asking, I'm insisting. After everything you've been through, I don't want you wasting away in your house, all alone. You need to be with your family, and we are your family now. I will become Teddy's legal guardian, and I want you to be a big part of his life. Which is why I want you to move in with us, and be a grandmother to all of my children, not just him. I want him to grow up surrounded by love, and I want you with us" insisted Raya.

"You're going to look after Teddy?" Questioned Harry.
"Of course. Who else is going to keep him safe and looked after? I am his godmother, so Teddy is my responsibility" answered Raya.
"Mum, are you sure that's a good idea? You could barely look after Sophia by yourself when dad died, and back then you had Uncle Remus to help you. Do you really think you can raise Teddy all by yourself?" Quizzed Jamie.
"I will do whatever is necessary to keep Teddy with me. I was not in a good place when your father died, which is why I couldn't look after her, but I am better now. Besides, I won't be alone. I will have you, Andromeda, Harry, and Molly to help me. We will raise Teddy together, as one big happy family" replied Raya.

"Are you sure about this?" Asked Jamie.
"Look, I didn't fight hard enough for Harry, when he was a baby, and we both suffered because of it. I will never forgive myself for that, because he had to grow up away from me, in an abusive home. And I will not let that happen to Teddy. He is my godson, and my nephew, and he is not going anywhere. No one will take this baby from me. I will go to as many court proceedings as I need to, to become his legal guardian. Teddy Remus Lupin will grow up at the Potter Manor, with me, because I believe that is what his father would have wanted" announced Raya.

"In that case, I would love to move into the Potter Manor with you, so that I can be a big part of my grandson's life" admitted Andromeda.
"We will be glad to have you with us. There are more than enough rooms to accommodate us all. And you can always keep your own house, no one is saying you have to sell it. I would just prefer it if you lived with us, instead of constantly moving between the two places. I know from experience how lonely it can be to lose the love of your life, and I don't want you suffering alone" replied Raya.
"Then when you take your stuff from my house, I will move into the manor with you"
"Sounds good to me".

"It looks like you've got everything all planned out" commented Harry.
"Well, someone has to be the responsible adult around here. And with Remus gone, that has to be me... What about you Mr Chosen One, what are your plans for the future?" Asked Raya.
"I don't know... Hermione spoke to McGonagall, and Hogwarts is going to hold classes next year, for those who weren't able to attend school this year. So, Hermione is going to retake the year and get her NEWTs" informed Harry.
"Something tells me you are not going to join her" sighed Raya.

"No, I'm not. After defeating the darkest wizard ever, I don't really see the point in receiving boring lessons from bad teachers anymore. It is time for me to start living my life in the real world, and try to make the wizarding world a better place. Someone has to try and rebuild what is left of the world, and Kingsley can't do it all by himself... I'd quite like to become an auror, so maybe that is where I should start. I was rather good at Defense Against the Dark Arts, afterall" smiled Harry.
"I would love for you to stay a child as long as possible, and complete your education at Hogwarts. But you have to live your own life, the way you want to. You'll be 18 in July, so you are old enough to make your own decisions. And I trust your judgement" admitted Raya.

"Any chance you trust me too, and will let me drop out of Hogwarts as well?" Asked Jamie.
"Not a chance. You are going back to school in September" grinned Raya.
"I thought you'd say that" sighed Jamie.
"Well, we can't all be the famous Chosen One. So, you are going to need to finish school with some decent qualifications, if you want to get somewhere in life"
"Whatever you say".

Sophia waddled over to Raya, with a red flower in her hand.
"For you mummy" she said.
Raya smiled and sniffed the flower, before taking it from Sophia's hand.
"Thank you darling" replied Raya, before kissing her daughter's head softly.
Raya then picked up Sophia with one arm, and placed her on her knee.
So that she had two of her children in her arms.

"What do we do now?" Harry asked quietly, as they all looked out at the beautiful new day.
"Now, we rebuild and start over again" answered Raya.
"Is it really possible to do that, after everything we've all been through?" Questioned Harry.
"We have to have hope, that from now on the world will be a better place. I used to hope that you and Jamie wouldn't have to grow up in a war like I did. I failed with you two. But maybe Teddy and Sophia have a chance of living in a peaceful and safer world. And I will do whatever it takes to make that happen... With Voldemort dead, we can finally put the past to bed, after so many years of pain and suffering. There will be no more looking over our shoulders and living in fear. Our new lives start today, and they are going to be epic".