13. Secret Christmas

Before Raya left Hogwarts, Remus found her, to confront her for her rash actions.
He was angry at her for being so reckless, but he calmed down when he realised that she was pregnant.
Although Remus congratulated her, Raya could tell that he was just as nervous as she was, at what this baby would mean for them and their future.
When Christmas finally arrived, Raya was happy to have her family back home with her. And she just wished that Sirius could come home as well, but she knew it wasn't possible.
However, when it was the full moon, Raya took Jamie to Hogsmeade, so that the two of them could visit Sirius behind Remus's back.
She didn't like lying to her brother, but Sirius's safety came first.

"Happy Christmas Siri" said Raya as she threw herself into Sirius's arms.
"I've missed you" murmered Sirius, before placing his lips against hers.
"I've brought you some food, and some Christmas things" replied Raya.
"Having you back in my arms is all I need".
"Um, hello, other people present" Jamie said awkwardly.
Raya chuckled, and stepped away from Sirius, "Sorry Jamie".
"You can save all that lovey dovey stuff for later, when I'm not here" replied Jamie.
"It's good to see you again. I wasn't sure if your mother was going to bring you or not" admitted Sirius.
"I forced her to. I said that I wasn't going to let her come and see you without me" revealed Jamie.
"I didn't let Jamie see where you were hiding though. I blindfolded him as soon as we got to Hogsmeade" informed Raya.

"Where does Remus think you are?" Questioned Sirius.
Raya pointed to the moon through the window, "He's not himself right now, so he won't notice that we're gone. He always stays at my parents house around the full moon, so that he won't accidentally hurt us. The Wolfsbane potion keeps him sane every full moon, but he still won't take the risk".
"Well, he did nearly kill you twice" reminded Sirius.
"That wasn't his fault. I'm the one who got too close to him during his time of the month. The scars on my neck are my fault, not his"
"Except for the scar that Snivellus gave you".

"Who's Snivellus?" Asked Jamie.
"Your teacher, Professor Snape" answered Raya.
"Why do you call him Snivellus?" Quizzed Jamie.
"Because it sounds like Severus. And he was a snivelling, ugly, freak" explained Sirius, with a grin.
"I don't want you copying your father and saying that to his face, Jamie" Raya said sternly.
"Don't worry, I won't. I'm not that stupid. Snape already hates me, because he doesn't like Padfoot" replied Jamie.
"Well, if he bullies you too much, tell Remus to have a word with him. Or send me an owl, and I will be there in a heartbeat. I am not scared of Snape"
"I don't want you coming into school again to check on me".

"Again?" Frowned Sirius.
"I came up the other week because Harry and Jamie got into an altercation, as someone told Harry that you were the secret keeper who betrayed his parents" revealed Raya.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Questioned Sirius.
"You're the one who doesn't want me coming too often, in case anyone follows me. Besides, Jamie is fine, he wasn't badly hurt, so I didn't see the need in telling you. I just used the fight as an opportunity to come up and meet Harry for the first time"
"You've spoken to Harry?"
"Yes. And he looks just like James. It took me aback when I first saw him... He seemed to like me a lot before he found out I was your wife. But I think I managed to convince him that he doesn't have all the facts, so he shouldn't judge any of us".

Sirius turned from them and lowered his head in shame, "I hate that I have made things worse for you both".
Raya approached him and placed her arm around his waist, "It's not your fault".
"People treat you badly, just because you are married to me. And there's nothing I can do to change that" said Sirius sadly.
"I don't expect you to. I don't seek redemption, just justice. If you catch Peter, then all this will be worth it... How close are you to getting your hands on him?" Questioned Raya.
"Not as close as I would like".

"Is that why you broke in on Halloween?" Quizzed Jamie.
"Yes" answered Sirius, as he turned back around.
"You broke into Hogwarts?" Frowned Raya.
"Yes. I thought my best chance to find Peter would be when everyone was down at the Halloween feast. But the Fat Lady wouldn't let me into the Gryffindor common room without the password. So, I had to leave without getting to search for the traitor" explained Sirius.
"Everyone says it was lucky for us that you chose the night no one was in their dormitories, to enter the building" replied Jamie.