39. Death At Hogwarts

Once Harry entered the maze, Raya was a nervous wreck once again.
There was nothing she could do to help Harry, and she hated it.
So, she just stood in the stands like everyone else, and waited beside Remus, Sophia, and Jamie.
Viktor and Fleur were both rescued from the maze, shortly after entering, but they seemed relatively unharmed, which reassured Raya slightly, that Harry would be O.K.
This also meant that no matter what happened, Hogwarts would win the Triwizard Tournament.
But Raya didn't care about winning. All that mattered to her, was Harry coming back in one piece.

After what seemed like hours, two figures appeared outside of the maze, holding on tight to the Triwizard cup.
Assuming that Harry and Cedric had both reached it at the same time, everyone began to cheer.
It was only a few moments later that people started to notice that Harry was crying, and that Cedric hadn't moved since arriving.
Dumbledore and Fudge dived on Harry, and began trying to pry him off Cedric's body.
"He's back! Voldemort's back!" Screamed Harry, as he stood to his feet.
"Harry, what happened?" Demanded Dumbledore.
"My God- Diggory. Dumbledore, he's dead" gasped Fudge.
This news swept over the crowd, and everyone stopped cheering.

Amos Diggory pushed through the audience towards his son.
"That's my son! That's my boy" cried Amos, as he collapsed to his knees.
"Merlin's beard" mumbled Raya.
"Mum, I don't understand, what's happened?" Asked Jamie.
"I don't know. But I think- I mean, it looks like Cedric is dead" answered Raya.
People in the crowd began to scream and cry, unsure of how things had gone so wrong.
It was at this moment that Raya realised Harry was no longer stood beside Cedric.
"Where's Harry?" Questioned Raya, as she began pushing her way down the stands.

"Where is my godson?" She asked again, when she reached Dumbledore.
"I don't know. I told him to stay here" frowned Dumbledore.
"Well, he can't have just disappeared" replied Raya.
"Alastor was here, but now I can't see him anywhere either"
"You're not suggesting that Alastor Moody has taken Harry?"
"I'm not sure. But the Alastor I know would not have gone against my instructions and taken Harry... We need to find them"
"They will have gone to the castle"
"Yes, and we must follow... Minerva, Severus, come with me".

Raya looked over her shoulder at Remus, who nodded his head and held Sophia tightly in his arms.
Knowing that her children were safe, Raya followed the teachers towards Hogwarts, in search of Harry.
Once inside the castle, they headed straight for Moody's office, hoping to find him and Harry there.
The door was locked, so Dumbledore waved his wand, blasting it open.
The four of them then charged into the room where they found Moody, with his wand pointed at Harry.

"Get away from my godson!" Ordered Raya, as she punched Moody in the face.
Dumbledore then blast Moody across the room, as Raya ran over to Harry, placing her arms protectively around him.
"I don't understand. Why did Moody do all this?" Questioned Harry, who was shivering in Raya's arms.
"This is not Alastor Moody. You have never known the real Moody.  The real Alastor Moody never would have removed you from my sight, which is when I realised he was an imposter" revealed Dumbledore, as he pulled out a key from Moody's robes.

Dumbledore then approached the large trunk in the room and opened in.
Inside, they found an unconscious and bound Alastor Moody.
"Severus, fetch me the strongest truth potion you have, and then go down to the kitchen and retrieve a house-elf by the name of Winky. Minerva, please head to Hagrid's house and take the large black dog waiting there, into my office. Tell him I will join him shortly. Once that is done, please come back here" instructed Dumbledore.
Neither McGonagall or Snape said anything about these strange instructions. And they both left the room, to do as they were told.

When Snape and McGonagall returned, the Moody imposter was force fed Veritaserum.
He then turned back into his true form, which was Barty Crouch junior.
Under the influence of the truth potion, Barty revealed how he had escaped Azkaban, and what his entire plan revolving Harry was. Starting with him kidnapping Moody, and placing Harry's name in the Goblet of Fire. And the end of his plan which was to get Harry to the graveyard in Little Hangleton, so that he could resurrect Voldemort.

"Minerva, can you wait with Barty. And Severus, can you fetch Fudge and bring him here. While I take Harry up to my office" said Dumbledore.
"Yes, of course" replied McGonagall and Snape in unison.
"Harry needs to go to the hospital wing" insisted Raya, as she pointed to the boys bloody arm.
"He will. But first I need to hear everything that happened tonight, from Harry's point of view" admitted Dumbledore.
"No, the boy needs rest. I don't want you interrogating him, when he's already suffered so much tonight" snapped Raya.
"Once I have spoken to Harry, I will place him in an enchanted sleep, so that he can rest. But before I do that, I must know everything that happened in the graveyard".

Rather reluctantly, Raya allowed Dumbledore to escourt them both up to his office where Sirius was waiting.
"What happened?" Questioned Sirius.
"Voldemort is back, Siri. And he killed the other boy, Cedric, before trying to kill Harry as well" answered Raya.
"No" gasped Sirius.
Harry swayed, unable to stand up properly due to his injuries.
Raya placed her arm around him and guided him to a chair, so that he could sit down and tell his story.

No one interupted Harry, they just let him talk, so that he could get through what happened as quickly as possible.
When Harry revealed that he had seen his parents ghosts that night, Raya began to cry.
Sirius questioned Dumbledore further, about Priori Incantatem, but Raya was unable to contribute to the conversation, as memories of Lily and James wove in and out of her mind.
She only returned to the present when Fawkes the Phoenix flew over to Harry, and began to cry onto Harry's wounds, healing him with his tears.

"I will say it again, you have shown bravery beyond anything I could have expected of you tonight, Harry. And even though Fawkes has healed you, I don't want you sleeping in your dormitory tonight. I want you to accompany me to the hospital wing" informed Dumbledore.
"For once, you and I can agree on something" mumbled Raya, as she helped Harry to his feet.
"I'm coming with you" announced Sirius, before turning into Padfoot and following the others out of the room.

When they arrived at the hospital wing they saw Madam Pomfrey attending to the real Alastor Moody, in the corner of the room.
All of the Weasleys were waiting for Harry, and they rushed at him when he entered the room.
"Harry! Are you alright?" Asked Molly.
"He's fine" insisted Raya.
"She's right. And Molly, I must ask that you don't question Harry any further tonight. Just let him rest" instructed Dumbledore.
"Yes. Of course" replied Molly.
"Good night then Harry. I will be back to check on you, once I have spoken to Fudge" informed Dumbledore, before leaving the room.

Madam Pomfrey pulled the curtains around Harry's bed, and everyone left him to get dressed into his pyjamas.
"Is Moody going to be alright?" Raya asked Madam Pomfrey, as she looked over at her old mentor.
"He'll be fine" reassured Madam Pomfrey.
"He might physically recover, but I don't know if he will mentally. He's spent months locked inside his own trunk. If he was paranoid before this, I dread to think what he is going to be like after this ordeal" admitted Raya.

The second Harry's curtains were pulled back, Raya was at his side, helping him into bed.
Sirius then leapt up onto the end of the bed, and curled up by Harry's feet.
Raya perched on the bed beside Harry, while Molly sat down on the chair next to the bed.
None of them wanted to leave Harry's side, even for a second.

"You will need to drink the whole thing" informed Madam Pomfrey, as she placed a goblet filled with a purple potion, beside Harry's bed.
"What is it?" Questioned Harry.
"It's called Dreamless Sleep. It will enable you to get a good few hours of sleep, without giving you any bad dreams" answered the Matron.
Harry nodded and downed the goblet's contents in one gulp, before getting comfy in his bed.
"Stay with me" he yawned to Raya.
"I'm not going anywhere, and neither is Padfoot" promised Raya.
As Harry began to drift off to sleep, Raya started to sing a lullabye, which she used to sing to him when he was a baby, to get him to go to bed. She hoped it would once again bring him some comfort.