45. Dementor Attack

Raya wasn't happy about leaving Sirius in 12 Grimmauld Place, but seeing him daily in the fireplace made the separation more bareable for them both.
But Dumbledore had straight up forbidden Sirius from leaving the safety of the building, even as Padfoot. Which Raya found rather harsh of the headmaster.
Raya found the Order meetings just as dull as ever. And Snape being in the Order, made the meetings even less enjoyable than before.

Another thing that angered Raya was when the Weasleys arrived, and Molly took over the running of the building, as if she owned it.
And the fact that Raya had to keep her distance from Harry, added to her growing resentment towards Dumbledore.
She could see how frustrated Harry was getting at being kept out of everything. But she refused to give him any details about what the Order were up to, in an effort to protect him from getting involved and ending up in danger.

The Orders plan to try and protect Harry ended up failing, when a bunch of rogue Dementors turned up and attacked the boy, forcing him to use magic to defend himself.
The Ministry had summoned him to a hearing, where they would decide whether or not he got expelled for doing underage magic.
The only good thing about the Dementor attack was that Harry was being brought to 12 Grimmauld Place, where he would be safe.

Raya had wanted to be with the group that went to collect Harry, but Dumbledore had forbidden it, due to her lack of magic.
So, Raya had to stay at Grimmauld Place, while Remus, Moody, and a bunch of other people went to fetch Harry.
While they were gone, Raya was extremely anxious, and Sirius had to keep squeezing her hand to reassure her.
But when Harry did arrive, Raya was forced to sit through the rest of the boring Order meeting before she could see him at dinner.

The meeting finally ended when they heard Walburga's portrait begin to scream.
"Here we go again" sighed Raya, as her and Sirius left the kitchen to go and shut up his mother.
"Shut up, you horrible old hag!" Shouted Sirius.
"You! Blood traitor, abomination, shame of my flesh!" Screamed Walburga.
Sirius and Raya tugged the curtains around Walburga closed, with all their might.
"Hello Harry. I see you've met my mother" sighed Sirius.
Raya turned and saw Harry and his friends standing a few feet away.
"Your mother?" Frowned Harry.
"Yep, my dear old mum... Come on, let's head into the kitchen, so that we don't wake her up again" suggested Sirius.

"What's a picture of your mother doing here?" Questioned Harry.
"Hasn't anyone told you yet? This was my parents house. But I'm the last Black left, so it's mine now. I offered it to Dumbledore as Headquarters for the Order... It's about the only useful thing I've been able to do" mumbled Sirius glumly, as he headed back into the kitchen.
"Sorry about him. It hasn't been easy for him, being back here, surrounded by all his traumatic childhood memories" Raya said quietly to Harry.
"It hasn't been easy for me either, being stuck at Privet Drive" replied Harry coldly.
"Yes, well you can thank Dumbledore for that" muttered Raya.

As everyone came downstairs and took their places at the dinner table, Molly began to dish out plates of food.
Jamie sat on one side of Raya, while Harry sat inbetween her and Sirius.
"Had a good summer so far?" Sirius asked Harry.
"No. It's been lousy" answered Harry.
"Don't know what you're complaining about myself" replied Sirius.
"What!"
"Personally, I would've welcomed a Dementor attack. A deadly struggle for my soul would've broken up the monotony nicely".
"Siri, you shouldn't joke about things like that" scolded Raya.

"Who says I'm joking? At least you guys can walk around freely. I've been stuck inside for weeks" reminded Sirius.
"You have?" Questioned Harry.
"Dumbledore thinks it's too dangerous for me to leave, since the Ministry is after me, and Wormtail will have told Voldemort that I'm an animagus by now. So, I've got both sides after me" explained Sirius.
"At least you've known what's been going on"
"Oh yeah, listening to Snape's reports and the snide comments he makes about how he's risking his life, while we are stuck in here, cleaning".
"I'd love to throw another knife at his smug face, but that's one more thing I promised Dumbledore that I wouldn't do" sighed Raya, making the boys smile.