37. An Uncomfortable Morning

Raya was sent into several states of panic over the next few months, every time Harry sent her a letter.
One time she nearly headed straight to Hogwarts to kidnap Harry and bring him back to the manor, where he would be safe.
Harry had been hanging out with Viktor Krum one night when an unhinged Barty Crouch had turned up, and Stunned Krum, before disappearing.
Sirius and Raya had both sent Harry very stern letters after this, encouraging him to be more careful in the future.
But Raya knew Harry was too much like his father, to not get into trouble at school.

Eventually the morning of the third trial arrived, and Raya was reading the Daily Prophet at the breakfast table with Remus, when she suddenly saw who the front page article was about.
"No. Not today. She wouldn't" murmered Raya.
"What is it?" Frowned Remus.
"It's Rita Skeeter, she's written about Harry" revealed Raya.
"What has she said?"
"She's told the whole world that Harry is a Parselmouth, which is something he wanted to keep a secret for a reason. Skeeter has also revealed that Harry often collapses in class when his scar hurts. How on earth could she have found out about that, when Dumbledore has banned her from the castle?"
"I don't know".

"And Skeeter even goes on to claim that Harry is an attention seeker, who fakes his scar hurting, and who could possibly even be dangerous" revealed Raya.
"Harry, dangerous?" Questioned Remus.
"She says that anyone who can talk to snakes should be treated with the upmost suspicion, because Parseltongue is associated with dark wizards like Voldemort. And she is worried that Harry might turn to the dark arts to win the third trial this evening. Skeeter then goes on to say that Dumbledore should remove him from the tournament, because he is not of sain mind" informed Raya, as she slammed the paper down angrily onto the table.

"That's rubbish, no one will believe a word of that that" said Remus.
"You'd be suprised by what people will believe when they see it in black and white. You remember that damning article she wrote about me, all those years ago, when I avoided Azkaban. And the one she wrote when you were outed as a werewolf by Snape" reminded Raya.
"The one about you wasn't that bad" countered Remus.
"Yes it was. Anyone that was still on my side before that article sooned changed their minds when they read what she had to say about me. Only those in the Order believed I was a traitor, but after that issue of the Daily Prophet, the whole world thought I was a bad person like my husband, who only avoided Azkaban on a technicality".

"Everyone knows that Skeeter publishes a lot of fiction" insisted Remus.
"Yes, but there is usually some truth in her words. And I dread to think what people are going to think about Harry after they read today's paper. As if Harry didn't have enough on his plate right now. He's probably already super nervous about tonight" admitted Raya.
"He'll be alright" reassured Remus.
"I hope you're right. But, just to make sure, I had better head to Hogwarts early, to check on him"
"Promise me that you won't start a fight with anyone when you get there"
"No promises. If Severus or Dumbledore start something, I will not hesitate to fight back... I'll see you and Sophia tonight at the last trial"
"Wish Harry luck from us"
"I will".

****
Raya used Floo Powder to get to Hogsmeade, before walking up to the castle on foot.
She then headed through the castle, where Dumbledore directed her to a small chamber below the Great Hall, where the champions and their families were gathered.
Raya saw the Krums in one corner, the Delecours in another, and the Diggorys in the centre of the room.
As the Diggory's were the only ones who lived in Britain, they were the only ones who glared at her when she arrived.

Raya stood by herself for a few minutes before Molly and Bill Weasley arrived.
There was suddenly an awkward tension in the room, when Molly and Raya realised that they were both there to represent Harry's family.
Although Raya had spoken to Arthur at the world cup, she had managed to avoid seeing Molly.
But now the two of them were in the same room, for the first time in years.
"Good morning, Molly" Raya said politely.
Even though Molly hadn't been in the Order, Raya had always liked her, because she had been a warm, motherly figure to them all.
She had no problems with Molly, but she knew Molly had several problems with her. For Molly held her and Sirius responsible for her brothers deaths.

"Good day" said Molly curtly.
"I take it this is your eldest son Bill" replied Raya, as she tried to make small talk.
She knew full well that the boy with long red hair and fang earings was Bill Weasley. But she was trying to be as polite as possible.
"Yes. This is my son" answered Molly, as she took a step closer to Bill, clearly worried about what Raya would do to him.
"I hear he's a curse breaker for Gringotts, you must be proud" complimented Raya.
"I am... Harry tells us your son is in Ravenclaw"
"He is".

"I assume that was a shock for you" said Molly.
"More of a suprise than a shock, to be honest. I had a hunch he wouldn't be a Gryffindor like his parents, but I wasn't sure which house he'd be placed in" admitted Raya.
"So, you didn't want him placed in Slytherin?" Questioned Molly.
"Absolutely not. Sirius would have been very disappointed if his son had ended up in Slytherin, like the other Blacks in his family. And I didn't want my son associating himself with pure-bloods, who will always consider him a lower class citizen"
"I thought your son was a pure-blood"
"I'm a Squib, and my mother was a Muggle. Which means that Jamie is not a pure-blood".

The awkward conversation was soon interupted by the arrival of the champions.
"Raya!" Exclaimed Harry as he threw himself into Raya's arms.
"Hiya kid. Miss me?" Questioned Raya.
"Always... When McGonagall said my family was waiting down here, I didn't know who she meant" admitted Harry, as he let go of Raya.
"Surely you didn't expect the Dursley's to turn up?"
"No, not really"
"I am your family, remember that. And you are just as much my son, as Jamie".

"Hello Harry" interupted Molly, as she tried to turn Harry's attention away from Raya.
"Mrs Weasley, what are you doing here?" Asked Harry.
"We thought we'd suprise you and come to watch you this evening" answered Molly.
"Thank you" beamed Harry.
"Hiya Harry, how are you doing?" Questioned Bill, as he shook Harry's hand.
"Not too bad" replied Harry.
"Charlie wanted to come, but he couldn't get time off work. He said you were incredible against the Horntail though" informed Bill.
"Well, I don't know about that".

"It's great being back at Hogwarts" smiled Bill.
"It's my favourite place in the world" revealed Harry.
"Is that picture of the mad knight Sir Cadogan still around?" Quizzed Bill.
"Yes"
"And the Fat Lady?"
"Yep".
"Oh, she was here in my day, and she gave me quite the telling off one night, when I returned to the dormitory at 4 in the morning" informed Molly.
"What were you doing wandering the corridors at 4 in the morning, mum?" Asked Bill.
"Well, your father and I had gone for a midnight stroll" answered Molly.

"You only snuck out once? That's a bit pathetic. The Fat Lady was so used to me and the boys sneaking out at night, that she never once scolded us" admitted Raya.
"Well, not all of us enjoy breaking the rules" replied Molly coldly.
"And you call yourself a Gryffindor" mumbled Raya.
"Anyway, Harry, why don't you give us a tour?" Suggested Bill, as he tried to defuse the situation, and stop an argument from ensuing.
"Sounds like a great idea" agreed Harry, as he began quickly leading the way out of the room, while Molly and Raya were still glaring daggers at each other.