70. Extended Family

Raya woke up to chaos on Christmas morning.
She thought that growing up with the Marauders had prepared her for busy Christmases, but the Burrow threw more at her than she was ready for.
The house was covered in so much wrapping paper, that you could hardly move, and there were Christmas presents all over the place.
Raya recieved many wonderful gifts that brought her so much joy.

Molly had knitted jumpers for all of them, making them feel like one large extended family. Except Fleur, who Molly hadn't bothered to make a jumper for, and Raya felt rather sorry for the French girl.
Fleur had been nothing but nice to everyone, but Molly still couldn't stand Bill's fiancé because of her Veela charms, something that wasn't the girl's fault.
Which is why Raya thought Molly was being rather hard on Fleur.
But she didn't bring this up, as Molly was the one hosting Christmas for them all.

"I love the new necklace" complimented Raya, as they all tucked into their Christmas dinner.
"Thank you. Fred and George gave it to me" beamed Molly.
"Well, we find we appreciate you more and more mum, now that we are washing our own socks" admitted George.
They were all crowded around one table in the kitchen, and even though they were all rather squished, no one mentioned it, as they were enjoying themselves too much.

"Gravy Fleur?" Asked Ron, who was gazing at the beautiful French girl.
"Yes, please" answered Fleur.
In his haste to pass the gravy boat to her, Ron knocked it over, spilling gravy everywhere. Which Bill quickly fixed by waving his wand.
"You are as bad as zat Tonks. She is always knocking things over" sighed Fleur.
"I invited dear Tonks to have dinner with us, but she wouldn't come... Have you spoken to her lately Remus?" Questioned Molly.

Raya and Molly had both tried to convince Remus to date Tonks several times, but still he refused to follow his heart.
Raya had given up trying, but Molly hadn't.
"No, I haven't had contact with anyone except for Raya lately. As I've been undercover in the werewolf community... Tonks has her own family, so I expect she wanted to spend the holidays with them" Remus said quietly.
"Hmm. I was under the impression that she was planning on spending Christmas alone" replied Molly accusingly.
"Molly, drop it" hissed Raya.

"Snape told me that Tonks's Patronus had changed forms. Do you know why?" Quizzed Harry, who was oblivious to what was going on.
"Sometimes a great shock or a big upheaval can cause a person's Patronus to change" mumbled Remus.
"It looked big and it had four legs. Hey, it couldn't be-"
"Arthur, it's Percy" announced Molly, cutting Harry off.
Everyone turned and looked out the window to see Percy, who was heading towards the house.
Raya was suprised to see Percy, but she was even more suprised to see Rufus Scrimgeour beside him.

"What does the Minister for Magic want?" Groaned Raya.
Molly got up and opened the door to let Percy and Scrimgeour in.
There was an awkward moment of silence, as no one seemed to know quite what to say.
"Merry Christmas, mother" Percy said eventually.
"Oh Percy" replied Molly, before throwing her arms around him and hugging him tight.
"Sorry for the intrusion. Percy and I were in the vicinity, working you know, and he couldn't resist dropping in to see you all" informed Scrimgeour.

Raya knew he was lying, for Percy seemed in no hurry to greet any more of his family members. And his siblings were all glaring at him with such hatred.
Although Raya didn't know Percy well, she disliked him for betraying his family.
Not only had he walked out on them, he had sent back his mother's Christmas jumper the year before, breaking her heart.
Since Raya doubted he was really here to see his family, she had to think about what his real motives for coming to the Burrow were, and she just hoped it had nothing to do with her.

"Please, sit down Minister" insisted Molly, offering him her seat.
"No, my dear Molly, I wouldn't want to intrude. We can only stay for a few minutes, so while you and Percy catch up, how about someone shows me around your enchanting garden. Why doesn't that young man take a stroll with me?" Suggested Scrimgeour, pointing at Harry.
The atmosphere around the table changed instantly, as no one seemed to find Scrimgeour's pretence that he did not know Harry's name, convincing.
"Alright" sighed Harry.

Raya took a knife out from the belt under her Christmas jumper, and stabbed it into the table.
"No! You're not going anywhere with him" announced Raya.
"I only wish to talk to Mr Potter for a few moments" insisted Scrimgeour.
"I've warned you before to stay away from my godson. And I'm not going to tell you again to leave us alone" spat Raya.
"Don't cause a scene. Just let me handle this" whispered Harry.
Raya looked at Harry and sighed, before taking her knife out of the table.
"Fine. But don't let him talk you into anything" warned Raya.
"I won't" promised Harry.

As Harry got up, Raya looked over at Scrimgeour.
"You have 5 minutes to talk to him. After that I'm coming to get him. And if I find out you have harmed him, there will be hell to pay" informed Raya.
"Thank you for your co-operation" replied Scrimgeour, through gritted teeth, as he exited the door after Harry.
Raya didn't put her knife away, instead she twirled it around, while keeping one eye on the clock.
When she thought Harry had been gone too long, she headed for the door.
"Mum, don't do anything stupid" pleaded Jamie, as she passed him.
"I'm not going to. I'm going to stop Harry from doing or saying something stupid" replied Raya.

Raya needn't of worried, because as she headed outside, she saw Harry heading back towards the house.
"Is everything alright out here?" Asked Raya.
"Fine" reassured Harry, before passing her, and re-entering the Burrow.
"You were right about Mr Potter, he has no desire to help me" admitted Scrimgeour.
"I told you he wouldn't, not after the way you have treated us" replied Raya.
"Dumbledore really has control over him I see, just as I had feared" sighed Scrimgeour.

Raya frowned, "What do you mean?".
"I tried to get Potter to give me information on Dumbledore. And he refused, saying that he is Dumbledore's man through and through" explained Scrimgeour.
"Please tell me you're lying" begged Raya.
"I wish I was. It's hard to manipulate someone into helping you, when they've already been manipulated by another person, into doing the opposite"
"I have tried my best to keep Harry away from Dumbledore, for his own safety"
"Well, it appears that you have failed. Harry trusts Dumbledore, and there is nothing either of us can to do change that".

"F*ck" swore Raya, as she threw her knife at a nearby tree.
"I didn't realise you were so opposed to the pair being close" admitted Scrimgeour.
Raya flicked her wrist, causing her ring to fly the knife back into her palm.
"Lots of people died fighting for Dumbledore, and I didn't want Harry to end up like them. Trusting the headmaster never ends well for the people I care about" sighed Raya.
"Does that mean you would be willing to give me information on where he goes and what he gets up to?"
"No. Even if I had the answers you seek, I would not give them to you. Helping you track Dumbledore, gives me no benefits whatsoever".

"My offer still stands you know... Help the Ministry and stop writing articles undermining us, and you will receive an Order of Merlin 1st class" informed Scrimgeour.
"I would rather get eaten alive by an Acromantula, then help you and the Ministry" replied Raya.
"I thought you'd say something like that" sighed Scrimgeour.
"I may not trust Dumbledore. But just so you know, I trust the Ministry even less"
"At least we both know where we stand"
"Yes, we do".