31. Please Stay

Sirius decided to fly back to Britain with Buckbeak, when he heard about all the worrying things happening at home.
Raya tried to deter him, as she was worried for his safety. But nothing she said had any effect, and it wasn't long before Sirius arrived back at the Potter Manor.
Sleeping next to Sirius, was when Raya felt happiest.
She always slept better with him by her side, as he made her feel safe.
When Sirius was preparing to leave the following morning, to find somewhere safe to stay near Harry, Raya stopped him, not wanting him to leave her.

"Please don't go" begged Raya, as Sirius began getting dressed.
"I'm not going anywhere until I've had some breakfast" replied Sirius.
"What I mean is, I don't want you to go. I don't want you leaving me again" admitted Raya.
"But I can't stay here. It puts you and Remus in danger"
"It did last year. But the Ministry haven't searched my house in ages, ever since I told the Minister to leave me alone"
"That doesn't mean they won't turn up at some point, hoping to catch us out. You can't trust anyone at the Ministry, especially Fudge".

"I know that. But even if they do come looking for you, they can't enter the house without my say so, because the protective magic around the grounds stops them from apparating here. So, if they did turn up unannounced, you would have time to disapparate and get somewhere safe" said Raya.
"But, if they searched the house they would find evidence that I am living here, even if they don't find me in person, and that would be enough to get you sent to Azkaban" replied Sirius.
"They won't find any proof that you are here. Not unless they arrive when we are in the middle of a candlelit dinner. Besides, you're not the only man who lives here, so anything they come across that doesn't belong to me, I can say belongs to Remus. And they won't be able to prove that I'm wrong" insisted Raya.

"What about Harry?" Questioned Sirius.
"We can both still write to him as normal. Besides, it's not like you could see him every day, if you were up there, as there are only a few Hogsmeade visits a term. And on those days, we can both go up to see him. You living alone in a cold dark cave with Buckbeak, doesn't help anyone. And while you're here, you can use my fireplace to contact Harry, if there is an emergency. Not that there will be, because Harry is at Hogwarts, which is like the safest place ever. You can protect him just as well here, as you can from Hogsmeade" insisted Raya.

"You've really thought this through, haven't you?" Asked Sirius.
"I was thinking about it all last night. And I honestly don't think you will be any safer somewhere else, than you would here, with all the magical protective enchantments around the building. You've been out of my life for so long, and I just can't stand it any more. I want my husband by my side every single day. I don't want us to be apart anymore" admitted Raya.
Sirius knelt on the bed and placed his arms around Raya, "I don't want to be away from you either".

"Then, will you stay?" Pleaded Raya.
Sirius sighed, and released her, "I don't know... I want to stay here with you, Sophia, and Remus, more than anything. But I just can't stand the thought of putting you in danger".
"I'm a grown up Siri, I can look after myself, and I don't need you worrying about me. If I am willing to take the risk, then you should accept that" replied Raya.
"You're not the only one in the equation. I have to think about what is best for my kids, and not about what is best for me"
"Sophia and Jamie will have much better lives, with you in them. And they won't get in trouble if they are seen with you, because they are just children. If would be me that harboured a fugitive in my house, not them, they're just bystanders".

"We can't forget about Remus. He lives here too, and I will be putting him in danger if I stay. So, he deserves a say in whether or not I continue living here" announced Sirius.
"Alright, we'll ask Remus during breakfast if he would be O.K with you staying here with us" replied Raya.
"And if he says no, I will leave, for I have to respect his wishes. I won't put any more of my friends lives in danger" informed Sirius.
"But if he says yes, then will you stay?"
"I guess there is no reason I shouldn't"
"Good".

Sirius pushed Raya onto her back and looked down at her.
"I love you so much" he whispered.
"I bet I love you more" grinned Raya.
"I don't know about that... When I was in Azkaban, you were one of the only things keeping me going. Everyone else lost hope and gave in to the Dementors, but I didn't. I knew that I had to stay strong, for you. If there was even the slimmest chance that I would see you again, I had to fight on" admitted Sirius.
"Throughout all those years alone, remembering my happy moments with you, kept me sane as well. When the world called me a traitor and everyone turned their backs on me, I kept on fighting. And I would withstand it all again, a hundred times, for you. There is nothing, and no pain that I wouldn't suffer through, to have you in my life".

"I can't believe I fell in love with such a strong and ferocious woman" smiled Sirius.
"Well, you're the one who decided I should be called the Lioness" reminded Raya.
"You certainly live up to your namesake, that's for sure. You're the bravest woman I have ever met" replied Sirius.
"That's quite a compliment, seeing as you've known many powerful and brave women in your life, like Lily and Marlene"
"All of you were brave in your own ways. But to me, you are the bravest of them all. You didn't sacrifice yourself, it's true, but instead you continued fighting all the hard battles that the world threw at you. And that's one of the reasons I love you".

Raya blushed and looked over at the clock by her bed.
"You know, Remus won't be up for another hour, so you could always take those clothes off and come back to bed for a while" suggested Raya seductively.
"You don't have to tell me twice" murmered Sirius, before planting his lips on Raya's, and pressing his body against hers.
"I love you" whispered Raya.
"I love you more".