60. It's Going To Be O.K

Raya hadn't really calmed down, but she forced Dumbledore to take her to Hogwarts anyway.
The headmaster was going to talk to Harry first, which she didn't want to allow, but she realised that Jamie had to come first, since he was her son. And she wanted to be the one to tell him about Sirius.
Flitwick had summoned Jamie from his dormitory, and given the pair of them his office to talk in.
Since it was late, Jamie seemed to know that something was wrong.
"Mum, are you O.K?" He asked when he entered the room.
"I'm fine, I'm not in any physical pain" answered Raya.
"Are you sure? Because you don't look too good" replied Jamie.

"Truthful as ever. I guess that's something you picked up from me" sighed Raya.
"Mum, what is going on?" Questioned Jamie.
"It's your dad" informed Raya.
"Should we be talking about him here, with Umbridge around?"
"Dumbledore is back, and he has ensured me that Umbridge has been taken care of. She won't be able to hurt you and Harry ever again"
"Good... So, what is it you wanted to talk to me about dad? He hasn't been re-arrested has he?".

"I don't know how to tell you this, because there is no kind or nice way of saying it... Your father is dead. He was killed an hour or so ago, in the Ministry of Magic, by his own cousin; Bellatrix Lestrange" revealed Raya.
"No! It can't be!" Shouted Jamie.
"You can scream all you want, just like I did, but it won't change anything" replied Raya.
"But how did this happen? What was he even doing at the Ministry?"
"Harry was tricked into going there by Voldemort, so the Order went to go and rescue him"
"So, this is Harry's fault?"
"No. I do not want you blaming Harry, for this is not his fault. He was shown a vision of Sirius being tortured, so he rushed to save him, just like you or I would've done in his position".

"But if Harry hadn't gone to the Ministry, dad would still be alive!" Cried Jamie.
"Don't think like that. This was not Harry's fault. We were betrayed by Kreacher, who has been feeding information to Narcissa and Bellatrix for months. And if you want a human to blame, other than Bellatrix, then blame Dumbledore. Because if he had told Harry from the beginning that Voldemort might tempt Harry into going to the Department of Mysteries, then perhaps Harry wouldn't have gone there this evening" admitted Raya.

"You blame Dumbledore?" Questioned Jamie.
"He's always the one to blame when something goes wrong in my life. And this time I have a whole bunch of evidence to back up my claim. I've been telling him to let Harry know the truth for months, but he kept telling me no. Me and Sirius also told him to teach Harry Occlumency himself, instead of Snape, but once again he said no. He always thinks he knows best, but just like last time, he's been proved wrong" answered Raya.

"Dad's really gone, hasn't he?" Jamie asked quietly, allowing his anger to fade.
"Yes, I'm afraid so. I was there when it happened. I watched him fall back into the veiled archway inside the death room at the Ministry, and there is no coming back from that... Sirius wanted me to stay at home, because he thought it was too dangerous for me to come. But I made Dumbledore bring me, so that I could help out. If we had just arrived a few minutes earlier, we could've stopped Bellatrix" replied Raya.
"Don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault. There was nothing you could've done to save him"
"I know, but it doesn't stop me from feeling like crap... I have more depressing news. Dumbledore told me that Voldemort turned up at the end, and everyone at the Ministry saw him, including Fudge".

"But that's good news isn't it? Surely everyone knowing the truth about Voldemort is a good thing?" Frowned Jamie.
"I'm afraid not. Now that he doesn't have to hide in the shadows anymore, he can be as big and bold as he likes. The deaths and disappearances will start again soon, just like last time... The second wizarding war, has well and truely begun" revealed Raya.
"But we'll be able to stop him, right, like last time?" Questioned Jamie.
Raya looked into her little boy's eyes, and sighed, "I don't know. I just don't know".