67. Columnist

Raya spoke to several journalists, and even though she was worried about how Scrimgeour would react, she allowed them to write her story in their papers.
Her article ended up being so popular, that the Witch Weekly decided to give her a column of her own, in their magazine.
Since she had been an editor for Whizzhard Books, Raya found writing for the paper, easy.
Having a job again gave her life a purpose, and she loved it.
She was allowed to write about whatever she liked.
Raya was encouraged to talk about the Ministry's many failings, as that was what had gotten her the job in the first place. But she was also allowed to write about whatever was on her mind that week.

Raya received no letters from the Minister, nor did he show up at her house again. But she knew he had seen her first article, because it was talked about a lot in the Ministry.
Both Arthur and Kingsley had told her that her interview had opened a can of worms at the Ministry, and that pleased her.
She also recieved several letters from random people, apologising and sympathising with her, just as she had expected.
With the public on her side now, she hoped this would stop the Ministry from moving against her.

Although Raya's mood had improved during the summer, when September arrived, she was filled with sadness.
Both of her boys would be returning to Hogwarts, and she would be left at home by herself.
"I will come home at Christmas to see you, and we'll see each other in Hogsmeade in October" Jamie promised her, as they hugged goodbye on Platform 9 and ¾.
"Don't worry about me. Just focus on having a good time" replied Raya.
"I'll try... Will Sophia be home when I come back for the holidays?" Asked Jamie.
"That was mine and Molly's agreement"
"Good. I look forward to having her back with us".

"Speaking of Molly, here she comes" pointed Remus.
Raya spun around and saw Harry and the Weasleys making their way across the platform.
Molly was at the front of the group, pushing Sophia's pushchair.
"You're early" commented Raya, who knew that the Weasleys had a habit of being late.
"Well, without the twins causing mayhem, things were a lot more civilised this morning" explained Molly.
"We also had a Ministry car, given to us to transport Harry in, and a bunch of aurors to keep us on track" added Arthur.
"That explains it" grinned Raya.
She then bent down and kissed Sophia on the head, "I missed you".
"Mama" squealed Sophia excitedly.

Raya could see that Harry looked a little crestfallen, so she pulled him to one side as Jamie climbed aboard the train.
"What's wrong?" Asked Raya.
"Nothing" mumbled Harry.
Raya frowned, "You know how I feel about lying".
"Sorry. I'm just feeling a little annoyed, that's all. I didn't appreciate those Ministry guys manhandling me through the barrier at King's Cross. I am not a child. I am perfectly capable of walking by myself" said Harry.
"I know you are. But they were just doing their job. No one wants to be the person that let the Chosen One get killed by Voldemort".

"I wish Hagrid could have been my protector today, like he was when I went to Diagon Alley" admitted Harry.
"Well, he needs to be at Hogwarts today, preparing for the new term" reminded Raya.
"Yeah, I know" sighed Harry.
"I could have escourted you. But we both know the Ministry doesn't think I'm a good enough protector"
"I doubt the Ministry want anything to do with you after that interview you gave in all the papers. And it doesn't help that you've continued bashing them all summer"
"Have you been reading all my articles?"
"Yep. Mrs Weasley leaves me the Witch Weekly magazine once she's done with it, so that I can see what you have written each week".

"What do you think of my column?" Questioned Raya.
"It's pretty good. I also think you're very brave to make your feelings about the Ministry, known to the world" admitted Harry.
"Well, I got the idea from you. You did the same thing as well" reminded Raya.
"I gave my interview to the Quibbler, not all of the wizarding newspapers"
"I didn't do interviews with all of them. But I did do quite a few, because I wanted to get my message heard. The public deserve to know the truth"
"I couldn't agree with you more".

"What else is on your mind, because I can tell that something else is still plaguing you?" Asked Raya.
"Well, while in Diagon Alley I saw Draco Malfoy acting suspiciously in Borgin and Burkes. And he showed Borgin something on his arm, which seemed to scare the shopkeeper. I think he's been branded with the dark mark, and has taken his father's place as a death eater. But Ron and Hermione don't agree with me. They think Voldemort would never make Draco a death eater because he's too young" answered Harry.

"Voldemort doesn't care how old you are, if he thinks you can be of use to him" admitted Raya.
"That's what I told them, but they still don't believe me... What do you think? Could he be a death eater?" Questioned Harry.
"Since I wasn't there, it's hard for me to comment. But with a bunch of his death eaters in Azkaban, it makes sense that Voldemort would recruit some more followers. And I know that in the past he has liked having spies at Hogwarts. Draco's age isn't a problem, because Sirius's brother Regulus became a death eater at 16, while we were still at school. Draco would also have a lot to prove, with his father in prison, so I expect he would've leaped at the chance to become a death eater" replied Raya.

"So, you agree with me?" Quizzed Harry.
"I think it's entirely plausible that Draco Malfoy has become a death eater. But whether or not he is or is not, is none of your concern. I don't want you spying on him, or trying to find out what he is up to. Leave him be, and hopefully he will do the same to you. I want to have one year without you being in danger while at school. I can't lose anyone else. So, please don't do anything stupid this year" begged Raya.
"But if Draco is up to something, then it is my job to find out what, and if I can, stop him" insisted Harry.

"No. It is not your job to stop death eaters. You're not a member of the Order of the Phoenix. Nor are you an auror. You have heard the prophecy now, so you know that you are the only one who can stop Voldemort. Which is why we can't have you getting involved in death eater schemes, and getting killed before you can stop Voldemort. It is your job to stay alive, and practice magic, so that you are prepared for the future. You need to become someone that your enemies will one day fear. Which is why you much study hard and stay away from danger" informed Raya.

"I suppose it would be nice to have one year at Hogwarts without someone or something trying to kill me" sighed Harry.
"Exactly. So, stay away from Draco, keep your head down, and I look forward to seeing you in Hogsmeade on your first visit of the year, in October" instructed Raya.
"I will see you then" replied Harry.