Chapter 1

I get home late, it was an eventful work day in the office today. A lot casualties have occurred in the last two weeks and we don't know what to shine a brighter light on. I know we should tell a story each day, but it is getting ridiculous by now. I'm editor in chief at my department and I am also responsible for what we write and where it all goes. I have decided I will finish the rest of the work I have left tomorrow. If I've learned anything it is that you should never bring work home. I have office hours and private hours. It is better that way because I will be less stressful. Heading towards the shower I begin to take off my clothes. I toss my shirt into the laundry basket and take of my black choo's off my feet. I leave my make up on and just  hop right in. The hot water helps me sleep and relax my muscles. I finish off washing my hair and sit down onto the shower floor. I am exhausted and when I think more of it, fairly lonely. In the last 6 years I've been living here I haven't made a single friend. I was so focused on work and getting this job that I forgot to socialize with people. I get out of the shower eventually and slip into some shorts and a cropped t-shirt. I usually sleep in my underwear but I want a snack before I go to bed.

Looking through the cabinets I realize that I forgot to go grocery shopping. I have food, but no healthy food. "Ah screw it." I say as I open up a bag of noodles. I put on the kettle and wait for it to boil. I make it like I used to back in university; I split it into 4 block and put the spices over it, then I pour hot water over it and wait a bit. As I wait for them to soak up the water I turn on my tv. It's only 9:30pm I can watch something right? Why did I even buy cable, it has nothing on there. Netflix it is. For the first time in forever I finally have my own netflix account and I know it seems silly but with these things I can finally say I made it. Throughout my life I've always had money. My parents were filthy rich and whatever I wanted I got. I am not from around here either. I was born, I grew up and I did my studies in England. It was only six years ago when I decided it was time for a change in my life. After that incident I was left all alone and I didn't want to be reminded of it. I have a mural in my living room of London and a the English flag behind it. It is something that is very special to me and something that brings colour into the apratment. My apartment theme is black, grey and white. I bad it renovated and I absolutely love it. It just looks amazing. I scroll through netflix and decide to watch The Umberella Academy. It is one of my favourite shows by far.
After I finished an episode and a bowl of noodles I decide it is time for bed. I have a big day tomorow. Fridays are always the busiest of all the days and that day we post the recap of the whole week. I need to get in touch with some of my contacts in the morning so I write myself a reminder next to my bag incase I forget. I open my bedroom and jump into my king sized bed. As soon as I turn off the bedside lamp I am fast asleep.

I wake up in the morning and walk straight to the kitchen. I make my self a cup of tea and carry it with me back yo my bedroom. On the right on my bedroom, infront of the window is my vanity. This is where I do my make up and hair. I put on my favourite playlist and start off my make up routine. I always do a natural look because it makes me look refreshed and clean. I have a round face and hazel eyes. My eye lids are hooded so it makes it a bit of a challenge to a apply eyeliner. I don't usually take long to get ready, but om fridays I like to put in a little extra effort. I take my hair out of my bun and brush it so I could style it easier. The cool thing about all this is that I don't have to leave this desk until I am finished with my hair and makeup. I have everything nearby and my flatning iron is right here. I turn it on and start curling my hair. Today I want natural looking curls aswell. I finish my tea and head to my wardrobe. Today will be quite a hot day but I want something that'll look professional. I put on white ironed trousers and a floral short sleave shirt. I tuch the shirt inside the trousers and top it over with my white jacket. I stack three silver necklaces and change my earings. I put my favourite perfume on my pulse points and put on my shoes for today. I find my briefcase and my bag and head to the door. I check my watch and it only took me 45 minutes to get ready and I'll have time to stop by the cart and get myself something to eat, perfect!