Chapter 71

"I swear to God if I see that man ever inside my office I will hurt him then and there!" I say as I pace in my office.

"I don't know how it even happened. We were all inside the building." Nathan says while sitting down in one of the chairs.

"What did he take?" I ask

"I don't know. I don't even know what you had in here. The only person who was allowed in your office whenever was Marcus." He says

"I can't have one peaceful week." I say and sit down on the sofa.

"I spent the time of my life in San Francisco, only for it to be ruined by my low life uncle." I say looking down.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you" Nate says

"It's fine. You're free to go. I'll call in the tech guys to see if he took anything from the servers." 

"Will you be okay? It's almost 4pm."

"Yes I will. Have a good day Nathan." I say and lean back.

The tech guys left an hour ago. I can't call them now. I swear I can't get a fucking break anymore. Why did he have to march in here? I start taking things out if the drawers and one by one I check everything. By 8pm I am left with an office that looks like a bomb exploded. There is nothing missing. What did he take for god sakes.

I take out my phone and call Edward.

"Hey there Lena." He answers

"Hey Edward, I think I need your help."

"Where are you right now?" He asks as something shuffles in the background.

"I'm in my office." I say

"I'm my way, you stay put." He says and hangs up.

I've become sort of friends with the mafia boss and he is super kind to me. He trusts me and honestly I trust him. I just feel bad about all the accusations I've received about him.

Edward came in within 20 minutes. In the mean time I cleaned a bit so there is a place for him to sit. I explained every thing to him and he listened patiently. After I was done he asked for security footage of his entry and exit and he stayed quiet.

All of a sudden he bolted up and started searching my bookshelves.

"I already checked everything. He didn't take anything from me." I say he just ignores me and continues to check every crevice.

"Okay now you're making me worried."

"What if he left something behind?" He ask bewildered.

"I didn't think of that." I say getting up

"I'll call in one of my boys from downstairs. They checked everything with me." He says grabbing his phone.

"Only if you're comfortable with that."

"Another extra hand wouldn't hurt." I say and in a matter of a minute a tall man in a suit comes in.

"Ms." He says and nods in a sign of respect. I nod back and we get to work. Why is my office so big goddammit. There are tiny little places where he could have left something.

I look behind my big english clock and find dried up glue on the wood. Savages, who would put glue on wood for Christ Sakes.

"Did you find something?" Ed asks me.

"Just some arsehole put glue on my hardwood clock." I say

"Let me see." He says and trails his fingers above it.