Chapter 27

31st December 2021

Scarlet pov

Today is New Years. I came back from England just yesterday. We organized a party at Evan's house and we decided we'll have the time of our lives there. I was told to bring a plus one. So I invited Colin. He and I met during one of many of my times on SNL. We started talking right after my birthday and we are getting pretty close.

I'd be lying if I said he isn't an amazing distraction from Lena. He makes me feel loved and appreciated and I think I'm slowly but surely falling for him. He's pretty funny and can make my mood better by just being close to me. Everyone likes him. They taunt him a lot since he is a literal comedian. I told them to stop but now they want to do it even more. Especially Robert. He teases everyone, but loves to tease Colin. Thankfully Robert isn't showing up for Chris's party so I don't have to worry about Colin.

I volunteered to help set everything up with Chris so I am on my way to his place. He told me he already bought everything we just need to make it come to life. I brought my outfit and makeup with me so I don't ruin the dress. I put everything in Chris's room and joined him with setting up the tables. We're wiping the floors when all of a sudden he gets a call.

"It's Lena" he says excited.

"Go get it. I'll continue here."

"Alright. I'll be right back" He says running to his room

I finish with the floors and go to wipe all the dust. From the shelves and from the fireplace. After about 10 minutes Chris returns. His mood has shifted and he looks like he is about to spew fire.

"hey hey, are you okay?" I ask him

"No" he says and sits down

"Why? What happened all of a sudden?" I ask him sitting down on the coffee table in front of him.

"Lena.. she won't be coming tomorrow morning." he says

"Why? Did something happen to her?"

"No she refuses to say. She told me she is alright and that she wishes to stay there longer. She said she's needed there." He says getting up, he starts to pace the room

"Maybe the project had some setbacks, she'll fix that in no time and she'll be back in a week or so." I say trying to comfort him.

"Don't you get it. She won't return for a while. She told me she doesn't even know when she'll come back."

"Well that doesn't mean a while." I say

"I know Lena. She'll try to stay there for as long as she can." he says

"I miss her Scarlett. I miss seeing in person and not worrying if she is safe because she wanted to be the hero and wanted to go to a fucking war zone. A fucking. War. Zone. Who does that?" He starts yelling.

"Chris you'll spiral into a panic attack, try to calm yourself down for me." I say calmly

"Everything will be alright. She's strong. She can handle anything." I say with my hands on his shoulders.

"Do you really think that?" He asks

"I know that. She's been though so much and yet she is fighting like hell every day. I know she can do anything." I tell him. He hugs me and I hold him for a few moments until he relaxes again.