Chapter 54

Scarlett and I have been texting non stop ever since that day the two of us confessed our feelings for each other. Today we are going to a barbecue Chris and Selena are having at Chris's house. I wanted to go with Scarlett but that would be too much too quick. We need to take everything slow. Whatever that is.

I decided I'll try to tease Scarlett today. I want to wear something tight and short. Nothing left to the imagination. I wore some denim shorts and a top that has tiny straps. The top shows off my collar bone and my skin perfectly. I put on her necklace and some perfume. I decided I'll go a bit early so I can help out if they need me to. I apologised to Jeremy and he told me it's okay. He'll be coming to Chris's barbecue before he returns back home so I'll be able to apologise in person.

I arrive at Chris's place and there is only two cars here. I knock on the front door and Mackie opens the door.

"Well hello there. I don't think we've met." He taunts.

"Awh fuck off Mackie." I say laughing at his antics. He hugs me tightly.

"How are you? I haven't seen you in ages." he says

"I'm good. I just got everything in order." I say.

"Great. Now we gotta set up the table. So get that ish in order." He says patting my back.

"You're here." Selena says and rushes to hug me.

"Hi." I say while hugging her.

"Where is Chris?" I ask

"Oh he's out. He should be back any minute." Selena says looking down at her watch.

"Oh, okay." I say and we set everything up. Chris shows up eventually and pulls me into one of his bear hugs. I can't argue. His hugs are the best.

"So, tell me. What happened between you and Scar." Chris asks when Selena and Mackie leave the kitchen.

"Why do you think something happened?" I ask

"Because she can't stop talking about you. Did you finally do it?" He asks

"Kinda.. yeah. But I only told her because she told me first." I say

"Shut up! Oh my god I am so happy for you." He jumps and hugs me again.

"Thank you, but could you keep it low key? I don't want to jinx anything." I say quietly to him.

"okay. My lips are tired." he says with a big smile on his face.

Soon enough people start to arrive and Scarlett is no where to be seen. I didn't want to nag her or call her so I hoped she would arrive. We were all sitting down ready to dig into our food when She burst through the door. Everyone smiled and got up to greet her. I stayed in my seat. I want to jump her bones here ane now but I don't want to draw attention to myself so I'll stay where I'm already at. She comes and sits opposite of me with the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"Hi." I say smiling back at her.

"Hey." she says and Lizzie interrupts our stare fest and asks her a question. Why am I feeling this way? Maybe because I want her eyes on me? Or just her attention. I don't know. I spend the rest of the meal chatting with Jeremy. The two us have a lot in common and we can talk freely with each other. Which helps us greatly when we're the only ones who are not included in a discussion.

"Hey Lena, how's work treating you?" Chris asks turing his attention to me.

"It's good. I have everything under control until october." I say proudly.

"Ooh what do you have planned for October?" Lizzie asks

"She's organized another project, but this time in Italy." Chris answers for me.