Chapter 37

"Hey, I got all of the press shit out of the way. They won't be bothering us anymore." Marcus says over face time.

"That's great. How is everything going on there. It's been two days since you left." I say

"I was busy. I'm sorry for not giving feedbacks. Did you think about the project Mr. Dentré brought in?" He asks

"Yeah. I read through all of the files and if I'm being honest I like it. It doesn't seem like he has a hidden motive and besides we can always back up if we see something sketchy." I say walking around my office.

"That is true. Are you expecting anyone" He asks

"I'm expecting his call. I told him to call me in two days and I even gave him my card. Maybe he gave up on the offer?" I say

"Don't overthink it, maybe he's just busy with work. I think you should know out of all people what it can be like when you have so much to do." He says

"How do you know things about him?" I ask

"I googled him and turns out he has a family company just like you. It is located somewhere in Ireland. He is not the boss like you. His father practically owns the company but Alex is their business man. He studied at Harvard and has a PhD in law." Marcus reads from his laptop.

"Wow, so he's not only good looking huh?" I say

"Oooh that is what this is about. You like him don't you?"

"Marcus get a hold of yourself. He and I had  conversation for about 15 minutes.  How could I like him just like that?" I say

"Love at first sight perhaps?" He says

"You know that doesn't exist right?"

"Mmhm you keep trying to convince yourself. We both know you felt butterflies when you first met you know who."

"So what if I did? It doesn't mean that I liked her then." I say

"But that also doesn't mean you don't love her now."

"And I'm hanging up." I say

"Wait wait. Have you talked with her?" He asks

"No. I haven't and I don't plan on doing that any time soon." I say

"Whyyy" he wines

"Because Marcus she and I just don't, we can't exist together in that way." U say

"It's either that or you feel attached to the feeling of loneliness." He says

"I have to go."

"See my friend is a runner. You run from your problems dear. How about you take it in for a minute?" He states.

"Marcus.."

"Fine fine. I won't be a bother anymore. I just care for you Lena. You're self sabotaging." he hangs up and I sit down. I feel my head heavy. Like his words reached it and now it's too much to carry.

Am I like that? I mean I don't want to ruin my own happiness but if we look if from a different way there was nothing to sabotage. My life was always boring. To some it could be also considered sad. I have people I care for but no one who will stay there for the long run. I don't want to have someone to break my heart with the possibility of maybe fixing it. The risk is too high. I want to love someone with my entire being and I think I had that. I loved her and I still do. I think I always will. She touched my heart without me even feeling it.

She'll never have a place for me in her's though. As long as Colin in inside I am locked out. I can't get in nor am I trying if we're being honest. She's a fire. A real dangerous fire. She can heat me up and light up my entire body with chills and lust, however if you get too close you can get burned. If you don't try to watch out. There is nothing wrong with that or her. She is someone I find perfectly flawed. She is perfect in my eyes. I find sympathy with her even when I don't want to. Thats what my definition of love always was. Accepting someone just the way they are. I didn't even try to accept her. I guess it was faith or something.