Chapter 22

Three days have passed since I woke up in the hospital bed. I got a lot of visitors but none of them could stay long. Chris on the other hand never left my side. He is always there for me and he even eats with me. I asked the nurse is she could bring in a meal for Chris too and she said there is no problem in that. They got me moved from my room to another with two beds. One for Chris and the other for me. This is the same hospital my father was in before he passed away. I know it very well. All of my stuff was brought to me by Marcus and I have all of my gear in a big bag. It sits in my room and I'm going to go through it when I get out of the hospital. They returned my phone and I was surprised to see a few messages from Melanie Sloan. She wished me well and asked how I was. I texted with her for a few minutes until she decided to call. We talked for over an hour and she seemed very concerned. She told me she misses me and how she is proud of my project and what I've done. I asked about Rose and how she was doing. She told me she's with her mama right now. I bet Scarlett already finished filming that filmof her's. I ended the call and Chris turned on the tv.

After lunch today, I heard the door open. I thought it was the nurse. They always come at this time. Turned out it was Robert and Susan.

"Hey there warrior princess how are you doing?" I hear Robert say.

He hugs me and I can hear Chris chuckle.

"Don't mind him" Susan says.

"It's fine Susan. I'd be worried if Robert didn't make a joke out of something." i say smiling at them. They sit down on Chris's bed.

"How are you?" Robert asks.

"Sore, in pain, can't really move. Other than that I am fine." I say

"You do know we only play superhero's right?" Chris says

"Is that why you got america's shield on you abs?" Robert asks.

"How did you know it was me?"

"Big mouth over here spilled it as soon as Renner asked who it was."

"Wait so everyone knows about that?" I ask

"Well yeah, everyone who's in the group chat." Chris says.

"And that is..?"

"Around 30ish people." Robert says

"I think Scarlett even liked the picture" Chris says

"How is she by the way? I didn't hear anything new about her. You keep avoiding her like it's going to hurt me something." I say

"Well she's been filming a movie for some time now."

"Does she know about me being the owner of the company and all?" I ask

"No, she's totally clueless." Susan says

"Good. I would like to tell her myself."

"Now that we're done with small talk" Robert says and takes off his jacket.
"What in the world were you thinking? Attacking a man who has a firearm. And you had a knife? Did you think you were Rambo or some shit?" Robert says angrily.

"I just reacted quickly. I wasn't thinking." I say

"Damn right you weren't thinking. You could have gotten killed." Susan says.

"I know. It's not the first time I was injured there." I say

"What?" Chris asks now

"Well it is a war zone over there. So the possibility to get hurt is huge. I have this scar on my calf from a trap that was made from some sort of metal. I have a scar on my hand when I was cut during combat. I have a bullet wound on my thigh. And tons more on my back and stuff." I say