Chaptert 53

On the flight back home I've come to realise that this trip was well-needed. For me at least. I enjoyed showing Selena where I grew up and where I went to school. We spent the entire day talking and just having fun. She talked to me about her family and told me she can't say much. She only told me a few snippets so I'm not too worried about her well being.

Before we boarded the plane I got a text message from Chris telling me the party will be held two days from now on. Just enough time to find an excuse not to go. I can always fake a flu. Like one does. It's not a big deal right?

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Selena asks me

"A lot of things." I say looking away.

"Are any of those things Scarlett?" She asks

"I chose to forgive Scarlett." I say

"What?" She asks shocked.

"I chose to forgive Scarlett. Not because of her. But because of me. I don't want to hold onto something that could only drown me." I say

"So what does that mean?" She asks

"Nothing really. I just don't hold a grudge anymore." I say plain and simple.

"Thats..that is good to hear." she says surprised.

"But I'm not going to the party though." I say

"Why? We can have so much fun. Plus everyone will be there!" She whines.

"I can't. I just don't feel like it Selena." I say truthfully.

"Is everything okay?" She asks taking my hand into hers.

"It will be." I just say.

"Okay. How about you rest for the remainder of the flight?" She offers.

"Not until you tell me your impressions of England." I say and she does just that.

Her impressions turn into a full conversation. The two of us spend almost two hours just talking about our trip.

When we got back we said our goodbye's and parted our ways. I return to an empty apartment and go shower. As I'm drying my hair I hear my doorbell. I check the time to see it is already 8pm. Maybe it's Chris. I open the door to see Scarlett there.

"Hi." She says quietly

"Hey." I say looking at her in shock.

"May I come in?" She asks

"Of course." I say opening the door for her to get inside.

"Are you busy now?" She asks

"No. I just showered. Selena and I got back home just an hour ago." I say looking at the clock on the wall.

"I wanted to spend some time with you." She says

"Is everything okay?" I ask

"I.. I don't know." She says looking down.

"Come. Let's chill in my room." I say and she follows.

"Now. Tell me what happened." I say.

"Nothing happened I just.. I just" She trails off.

I sit there in silence. I don't want to interrupt her. I give her time to get her thoughts in order. She starts to cry and I sit next to her and open my arms. In a matter of seconds she falls into my arms, making me stumble back and lay down onto the bed.

"Everything will be okay." I say

"No it won't." She says.

"Hey, try to calm down first." I say drawing circles on her back.