Chapter 33

After Robert's birthday Chris and I went back to New York. I stayed there for a few days then I flew over to London. I have some business to attend to and I have to visit all of my facilities today. I had breakfast and changed into some professional attire. It's all very strange still.I'm the one that runs the whole place. It gives me sort of anxiety for when I have to fulfill some places. They talk to me about each problem and I guide them in the right direction. I've turned my dads old office into an office for the team. The room is huge and what better way to use it than that. I took my mothers old office and it is nice. I sent out emails to a recent client and I am waiting for a respond.

In one of the factories there was a malfunction with one of the machines so I had to call the repair men to fix it all. I was in deep thought when Marcus barged in with one of the business phones in his hand.

"Lena you ought to take this." He says out of breath

"Who is it?" I ask

"It's the royal family. They are asking for you about our recent project in Palestine." He says

I take the phone out of his hand and speak up.

"Hello?"

"Hello yes, this is Marie. We've been keeping up with your foundations work in the past few years and one of your recent projects have caught our eye the most. We want to invite you to one of our events and to congratulate you for your bravery. Your assistant Marcus told us about the accident and we were very sorry to hear about that. We want to talk with you. As well as the members of the royal family. You made us proud with your achievements and we want to show you to the world." One  younger woman speaks one the phone.

"Yes of course. When will this event take place?" I ask taking a note pad and a pen.

"Some time in the beginning on July. We'll send out the formal invitations when it's time. Right now we just want to know if you approve and if you would like to attend." She says

"Alright, thank you very much Marie."

"You're welcome Miss Adams. The pleasure is all mine." She says

"Have a good day." I say

"You too, farewell." She says and hangs up.

I jump from my seat and excitement runs through my body. I go and hug Marcus and he just laughs at my silly self.

"What were they calling about?" He says

"They have invited me to join an event in the buckingham palace. They want to congratulate me on the success and my bravery so they called to see if I wanted to go!" I say with happiness

"That is amazing. You really out done yourself." He says hugging me.

"I really did. Didn't I?" I say with tears in my eyes.

"Let's go and grab lunch Marcus."

"Only if you're paying." He says laughing

"You know I am."

The two of us eat at a restaurant nearby  and we chat along the way.

"When did they say the event takes place?" He asks wiping the corners of his mouth.

"She said it would take place in the beginning of July. It's only the last week of May. I'm not worried." I say

"I know you aren't. But this is a big deal." He says

"I know it is. I'll fly over to New York in two days and then I'll be back over here for the event." I say

"Why do you keep running away from England?" He asks