Chapter 38

The end of June is here and I don't have a plus one to the Buckingham palace. I have Marcus who's out of the country until the 17th. I asked him and he apologized many many times. I know he wanted to go with me. He was very excited about it as well.

Chris and I had lunch the other day for his birthday. I got him his own rolex and he loved it. I got the captain america shield engraved on the inside and he started laughing so hard. I told him all about my newest project with Alex. Speaking of Alex, Chris likes him. I think I do too. He's super sweet abd caring and I've never seen anyone who acts the way he does. We've spent a lot of time working on this project together and now it has become completely normal to have him at my place at any time of day. He stayed over a couple of nights and I think we'll finish with all the preparations before August. I can't wait. I really enjoy working with him. He understands me in ways I never could imagine.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't find him insanely attractive. He just looks like a supermodel. I may have developed some liking to him and I'm not mad about it. He just makes me feel nice. I never thought I'd feel so carefree with someone. He doesn't only listen but he also understands. Which gives him a depth that no one has. He knows how big of a struggle it is to grow up in a family similar to ours. He just gets me.

"Hey, you got this in the mail." He runs into my room holding an envelope.

"That should be my bank statement. Give it to me." I say and take the envelope out of his hands.

I open it and it is the last thing I expected. It is Scarlett's and Colin's wedding invitation. They are having it on the 26th of September. I have to sit down. The room starts to spin and I feel like I am about to hurl.

"Are you alright?" Alex asks crouching down next to me.

"No, I don't think I am." I say looking at my hands.

He sits down next to me and takes my hands into his. I lean my head on his shoulder and start to weep. I never got this close in this amount of time to anyone. Alex is an exception. He sees me for who I am. I start to sob and he wraps an arm around me. I bury my head into his chest and a loud sob erupts from my mouth. He holds my head and draws circles on my back. We've known each other just over a month and I feel completely connected. I end up messing up his shirt and staining it with mascara. He takes the envelope into his hands and reads whats it about. He nods slowly and puts the invitation onto the bedside table. He disappears out of the room and returns with a glass of water. He holds it up for me as I take a big sip.

"I'm sorry. I should have held it together." I apologize looking away from him.

"Hey, don't you worry. I'm glad you didn't. I was here to hold you at least." he says and takes my face into his huge hand.

"Can I ask for a favour?" I ask him. I need to try this. This feeling inside of me is killing me.

"Anything" He just answers and sits back down.

"Can you.. can you kiss me?" I ask him.

"Look Lena.. I don't think you're in the right heads space for that. How about you take a breather?" He offers

"No I'm being serious." I say

"I'm not kissing you Lena." He says

"Why not?"

"Because if I kiss you I want it to be because you wanted it beforehand. I want you to want me and only me."  Wow I think I just experienced deja vu.

"Can I hug you?" I ask him

"Always" He says and opens his arms for me.

"Will you join me at the Buckingham palace?"I blurt out