Chapter 11

Scarlett pov

"Is anyone hungry?" I ask

"I could eat, yeah let's go to check out" Maria says and Lena agrees.

We wait for Maria to get dressed again and head to the register. There is Lena's box that she decided not to buy.

"Ms Adams is that all for today?" Ashley from before asks, now standing behind the counter.

"Yes, did you pack my things?" Lena asks

"Here they are, how will you be paying? Cash or credit?" she says and puts two gucci bags on the counter next to the box from before. Guess she is buying something else today

"Card please" she says and takes out her card. It is black and looks like it is made out of some sort of metal. She gives the worker the card and puts in her pin. I look away in respect and wait for her. She takes her bags and steps aside for Maria to pay for hers. When they ask for Maria's card Lena is quick with her hands and she hands them her  card again. Paying for Maria as well.

"One of these days I am going to kill you Lena Adams" Maria says putting her wallet into her bag.

"Oh, you wish you could" Lena says and turns to the counter again, finishing her purchase. She hands her the bag and we head out. On our way out Lena waves to the workers and says she'll come again soon. Who is this person?

"I'm in a mood for pizza" Lena says

"How about a salad?" Maria says

"I'll eat the salad, but I'll get the pizza too" Lena says laughing.

"How about you Scar?" Maria asks

"I could eat anything but a salad right now." I say and Lena smiles at that.

We find a place to eat and order our food. I ordered some chicken wings, Lena ordered a medium pizza and of course Maria ordered a kale salad. We sit there and chat until Lena gets a phone call. She excuses herself and leaves Maria and I alone.

"So how is she?" Maria asks sipping her lemonade

"How is who?" I ask

"Don't play dumb, Lena. How is she as an assistant?"

"She's good. She's more than good actually. She is great, always prepared and very patient. I never met anyone like her" I say looking at Maria

"And you never will. She is a one time thing. That girl is the kindest and most private person you'll ever meet."

"More closed off. I don't know anything about her Maria. I know the things that are in her CV and I know what I see. She doesn't talk about herself ever." I say

"Have you asked?" Maria asks

"Yes and a she just gets all cold on me and asks me if it has anything to do with work."

"Then you're not giving her the time to answer those questions. She is the strongest person I've ever met. All that trauma and hurt has made her that way. If you give her time she'll surprise you" Maria says

"If you say so Maria. You know I trust you on this one." she smiles at that

"Your necklace is gorgeous, when did you get it?" Maria asks looking at my neck.

"Oh, um it is Lena's actually. She put it on me because of my Rose."

"See, she's trying her best."

The food arrives and so does Lena. Her smile from before is now absent and worry is displayed on her face.