Chapter 16

A week has passed since the premiere and it is currently the 1st of October. I have to find a way to get a few days off so I can go back home for my birthday and attend the thing. I never went but I feel like I should go. I don't need to take pictures or anything. I'm quite interested to see who would show up if we're being honest.

"Look Romain I didn't agree on this. It is Rose's birthday we're talking about! I am going to have to leave her at your place in a month. I can't not see her for two months. I'm her mother for god sake." Scarlett yells on the phone as she walks though the living room.

"Oh now that's rich. Oh fuck off Romain I can handle my own relationships" Jesus what did he say that made her react that way. Nothing good that's for certain.

"Fine, I'll find a way to see her in that time. I hope you're happy asshole." she says and sits down on the couch. She puts her head into her hands clearly upset.

"Are you okay?" I ask

"Do I look okay?" she yells at me

"No" I say back calmly

"Then don't fucking ask" she hisses

"Fine, I'll be in my office, not bothering you from there" I say and leave the living room.

I know that they just fought but there was no need to yell at me. I didn't do shit. So why do I get the backlash? Ah fuck it. I don't care anymore. Over the past week I've discovered that I am most certainly falling for Scarlett Johansson. I think and worry about her. I even had a dream about her the other day. I get an email from my cooperative  team from England and hurried to read it. There seemed to be a shortage of supplies in one of the company's and the new manager doesn't know who to call to fix the issue. I emailed him a few numbers he can call to prevent that from happening.

It was around 3 pm when I walked to the kitchen to make something to eat. I have no idea what to make though. I opened the fridge and there were no left overs so I guess there is only one thing left to do. That is make something from scratch. Not my favourite activity but it will help calm down my nerves. I haven't had pasta in some time so I guess I'll make that. I put some water into a pot and wait for it to boil. I don't break the spaghetti like some people do. I put some salt into the water and put the pasta inside. As that is cooking I make some sauce to go with. While stirring the sauce I hear footsteps emerging from the hallway. I turn to see Scarlett standing there. She looks like she's been crying.

Her eyes are red and her hair is a mess. She has red cheeks and her complexion is not the best. She just stands there looking at me. Like an android. Asking her if she's alright again is not a good idea so I guess I'll just stay quiet and wait for her to speak up. I finish the sauce and the pasta. Without thinking I try to lift the pot with no mittens on.

"Son of a bitch" I yelp putting ny hand under cold running water

"Are you alright?" she asks coming closer to me

"Yeah, just a burn. I'll be fine." I say and go to strain the pasta

"Can I help with anything?" she asks

"You can set the table if you'd like for the both of us to eat together." I say putting the pot on the counter again.

"S-sure."

Did she just stutter? What is going on with this woman? I serve our food and get a bit of cheese from the fridge. I great some on top of our pasta and carry it to the table. She took out a bottle of wine? Really? At 4 pm?

I sit down opposite of her and begin to eat. She and I don't say a word until she dares to speak.

"Am I a bad mother?" She asks