Chapter 23

Today is finally the day that I am getting out of this fucking hospital. I can finally go back to New York and see Chris and Maria. Our driver picked me up and I went back to the house first. I need to make sure Miriam packed everything. I'll bring the bag from Palestine with me and also the gifts I got from Robert and Susan. I don't plan on going by an airline simply because I have a lot of luggage and I don't want security on my ass because of  big metal helmet.

I had lunch with everyone in the house and I said my goodbyes. I'll take my jet so I can relax more than I would normally. I got the stitches out and everything. But I can't pressure myself too much. The doctor told me I healed faster than enticipated. But you can never be too sure. I got into the plane and immediately got ready to sleep. I have time to rest so I can have some energy to go get coffee with Chris.
I woke up just before we had to land. I changed my clothes and put on my jordans. I want to be comfortable today.

I saw him on the asphalt as I walked out of the plane. He was standing next to his car. I walked over to him and embraced him.

"So good to see you. How was your flight?" he asks taking the bags from my hands

"It's good to see you too. I wouldn't know I slept through it all." I say

"Of course you did." He put all of my things into the trunk and we drove off.

"Are you hungry?" he asks

"I could eat."

"I was hoping you would say that."

We drive to his old house and the driveway is full of cars. I could see a car that has license plates 'STARK' okay so Robert is here. I turn to him and he just smiles innocently.

"What's all this Chris?" I ask him

"Wait and see." he says and grabs my backpack from me.

"You know I can carry the backpack it really is small" I say as he opens the door.

I walk in and see a sign 'WELCOME BACK'. We walk to the living room and the place erupts into noise all over.

"Chris!" I say and turn to him

"It was her idea" he says pointing to Selena sitting behind the bar. I walk over to her.

"Nice to finally meet you" I say

"Nice to meet you too, I've heard great things." I smile at her and turn to see a lot of people walking over. Lizzie was the first to speak up.

"It's good to see you again Lena."

"You too Lizzie"

"Where's my Rambo?" Robert says coming towards me with open arms

"Fuck off Robert." I say and hug him. Half of the room laughs at that

"Good to finally see you walking" says Susan hugging me too.

"It's good to be walking, honestly."

"Alright everyone let's eat!" Chris says and most of the men go outside to work on the grill. I sit on the couch with Susan.

"How's your pain?" she says quietly

"Almost non existent. I get a few stings here and there but it's all alright now." I say to her.

"I must say Lena you're prettier in person." Selena says sitting next to us.

"Now that's a compliment if I've ever heard one." I say and smile at her.

"Do you want something to drink?" Susan asks getting up.

"I can't drink. Not yet at least." I say.

"Oh right! Sorry about that. What can I get you instead?"