Chapter 28

Lena pov

Today Chris and I are driving to my place. He told me he'll help me clean since I bet dust is everywhere. I didn't open those doors in six months. I bought groceries and a new toothbrush. When we arrived to my place I first checked my mail. Which was filled completely. I took the stash of mail and put it in one of the bags I had in my hand. I opened the doors and was met with a very dirty house. It was covered in dust and spider webs.

"Let's not bring in food until we clean everything Chris" I say to him. He agrees and we both go inside. I open all of the windows to get some fresh air inside. You could barely breathe here. I then went to get all the cleaning supplies we'll need in order to tackle all of this.

"How about we don't use the broom at all? If we sweep the dust will just rise up and we'll have to wait for it to settle. Let's take a mop and a vacuum and just go for it." Chris says

"Sure. I like that idea. I'll get the vacuum and you get the mop." He nods and we start cleaning. I play us my cleaning playlist. Yes I have a playlist for every situation. I'm aware of how weird I am. We finished the living room in just a few minutes. I then went to the kitchen and started working there. We'll need to eat soon so I have to make everything nice and ready. While we were cleaning I heard my doorbell ring.

"Are you expecting anyone?" Chris asks turning the music down.

"No, It's just you and me." I say

I open the door to find Jeremy and Mackie in front of my door.

"Well hello you two."

"Heeey we came to help." Mackie says and Jeremy just nods.

"You didn't have to." I say smiling at them.

"Yes we did." Jeremy says and picks up a box full of cleaning supplies.

"You know we could have handled this." I tell them, sort of embarrassed now.

"We're friends Lena, that's what friends do. Get used to it." Mackie says patting my shoulder.

Turns out that we really did need their help. They carried everything away so I could vacuum even underneath the couch and I could wipe everything now that there were more than two people here. Jeremy cleaned my bathroom and Mackie did my guest room. I cleaned my bedroom. In two hours my place looked amazing.

"Wait wait don't walk here." Chris tells me as I walk into the living room

"Why?" I ask

"I just mopped the floors with the fancy shit Jeremy bought. It smells and looks amazing." He says showing me the bottle.

"That's great. I'll go into my room then."  I tell him and I walk back to my room.

"Hey, you scared me." I jump as I see Mackie and Jeremy in my room.

"Sorry we didn't mean to do that. We just walked in here since Chris is acting like Gandalf or some shit." He says looking through the window.

"You got a pretty cool room" Jeremy says.

"Thank you. I tired my best to make it the most 'me' room in here." I say

"I heard from a little birdie that you have a watch collection." Jeremy says smiling at me.

"Chris? Did he tell you?" I ask

"Yeah, he talks a lot when he's drunk." he says smiling.

I walk to my desk and take out the entire drawer from it. I put it down onto the bed.

"Here, you can take them out and try then out if you want. Just put them back when you're done." I say and go to the kitchen to make us something to eat.