Chapter 25

We finished cleaning the house and we all decided to watch a film before we left. Chris chose Mamma Mia and I laughed at that. I made popcorn and Mackie got the rest of the snacks.

"Aw there is two of them." Renner says as Chris and I sing to each other

"How about you two sit next to each other so you don't have to sing from one side to the other?" Mackie suggests

But then Slipping through my fingers comes on. Chris stands up and walks over to me, offering me a hand to join him. We stand up and go next to the tv so the others can still watch.

"Mackie turn up the volume." Chris says

"Some times I wish that I could freeze the picture." Chris sings looking at me

"And save it from the funny tricks of time"

"I'm glad whenever I can share her laughter"

"That funny little girl." I continue

We dance as we sing and I can tell no one is looking at the television. I'm not the type to do this easily but I know I'm in a safe place, as long as I'm with Chris.We finish the song and he gives me twirl and we sit back down.

"I think you found your person Chris." Mark says smiling at him.

"I think I did." He says and hugs me tight.

"I just feel bad for Selena" Mackie says

"Why do you feel bad for Selena?" Chris asks

"Well she must feel jealous seeing how close you two are." He says

"She's not the jealous type." Chris says

We finish the movie and Mark is the first one to leave. After him Mackie and the rest of the men pile out of the house. Now it is just Scarlett, Chris and I.

"I'm going to call an uber. Thank you for the amazing party Chris."

"No you're not. I can drive you." Scarlett says

"No you're not. She is staying here with me." Chris says to Scarlett

"But Chris, I can't overstay my welcome."

"Shut up. You're staying here until you can carry that suitcase yourself."

"I can carry it now." I say

"I mean until you can carry that suitcase yourself, without any injuries or pain."

"You forgot that part." I say

"Well I'll see you two soon I hope." Scarlett says with her bag in her hand. We walk her out and Chris says he'll leave us alone for a minute. I forgot to tell him about last night. I think he wants to give us room to finally talk.

"Thank you for last night." I say finally.

"What for?" she asks

"Well you came into my room when I needed you the most. You distracted my mind from the nightmare." I say

"You're welcome. Oh I almost forgot." she says walking to her car. She takes out a little bag and hands it to me.

"Whats this?" I ask her

"It's your late birthday present." She says

"Oh, you shouldn't have." I say

"Oh don't worry about it. I ordered it the day after the premiere." she says

"I didn't get you anything for your birthday." I say

I take out a box from the small bag of hers and inside was a golden necklace that had a star on it. It had white gems which I've seen before but I don't know what the're called. It is beautiful.