Chapter 70

It's been two days since I landed in San Francisco. All the time I've been here I spent it with the most special two girls. I'm sad to leave, but knowing that I'll return in two weeks makes it worth it. I plan on getting a lot of things done before I come back here. I wanted to perhaps stay in the US for the mean time. Marcus and Alex are returning for New Years. I talked with them as well.

I got up fairly early so I headed to the gym downstairs. They told me there was a pool as well. I need to get in a work out because today will be spent in eating mostly. I know I am not getting fat, but just to be sure, I need to stay in motion. At least for the little time I have.

I finish my workout and check in to see if Scar and Rose woke up. Turn out they are still asleep. I head to my room and take a quick shower to wash away all the sweat. I finish drying my hair and put on some clothes when I get a knock on my door.

"Morning" Scarlett says with Rose to her side.

"Hey, good morning. Are you two hungry?" I ask

"Yes!" Rose chants and we laugh at that.

"Okay little one, let me just get my phone and key card and head downstairs." I say and go back inside. They didn't want to come in since I only took a minute to take everything. I put on my watch and we walk to the elevator.

"What should I call you?" Rose says all of a sudden.

"What?" I ask confused.

"I don't know what you are. Are you ny friend? Auntie? Mommy always told me I shouldn't call big people by their names." She says as we step into the elevator.

I crouch in front of her.

"You can call me Lena." I say to her.

"Really? Does that mean you're my friend?" She asks excited.

"Yes." I say smiling at her.

She jumps up and down and quickly wraps her small hands around my neck. I pick her up and she wraps her legs around my waist too. I cross my arms and put them below her bum so she's nice and secure.

"Mommy I made a new friend." She says to Scar who looks like she could cry.

"I can see, well done honey." She says looking at me.

"Is daddy coming today?" Rose asks

"Yes, in about an hour." Scar says looking down at her watch.

"Wait Romain is coming?" I ask.

"It's his time to have her." She says with a forced smile.

I can see how hard this is on her.

Soon enough we sit down at a table and get ourselves something to eat.

"When did you get up?" Scarlett asks

"About three hours ago. I went to work out." I say as I cut a piece of sausage.

"So early?" she asks

"Woke up earlier than expected so I decided to make the most of it." I say

"I still can't believe you have time to stay in shape and work."

"What us your job Lena?" Rose asks with her mouth full.

"Hey what did I tell you about talking with our mouth full. Thats very rude honey." Scarlett scolds like the mom she is.

"It's fine, I own a company in England."

"Are you like super rich?" Rose asks and Scarlett throws daggers her way.