Chapter 65

Scarlett Pov

After hours or trying to persuade Lena for us to finally go home, my assignment had been successful. Sve drove us home so we could finally rest for the day. We walked into the house and it was empty. Lena went to grab a water bottle and I stayed in the living room.

"Richard left to visit Miriam, he'll be back soon." She says sitting down next to me.

"How was your first day in my company? Was it too boring?" She asks

"No, I actually found it fascinating. It made me admire you just a tiny bit more." I say.

"Oh you don't say." She says smiling at me.

"I'm serious. I don't know how you manage to stay sane after years of doing that." I say

"Who said I was sane?" She says wiggling her eyebrows.

We hear the doorbell all of a sudden.

"Did we lock the door?" I ask her.

"We did. I'll go get it." She says and walks away gracefully. After a few minutes I hear voices in the hallway. I stop to listen for them to stop. The door closes and there is a silence. I walk to the hallway to find Tom and Lena standing there.

"Come in Tom." She says looking at him with caution.

They walk into the living room.

"Sit down, let's chat." She says chill now.

"Let's chat? Thats what you have to say for sacking your uncle out of the blue?" He yells.

"You knew it was coming Tom."

"What kind of niece calls their uncle by their name!" He yells glancing at me.

"One that doesn't like their uncle." She yells back at him.

He comes closer to her and grabs her collar. Pulling her to her feet.

"Hey hey, thats enough." I yell getting closer to them.

"Stay out of this blondie! What are you doing here anyway?!" He yells my way.

"Don't shout at her." She says calmly.

"Scarlett honey can you leave the two of us alone? Go get comfy I'll join you soon." She says looking at him with an expression I've never seen in entire life. I've seen it on set, but not like this.

"Lena."

"Please go. I'll be there in a second." She says getting away from him.

"Fine." I breathe out and start walking to the staircase. Thankfully I can see into the living room from the staircase. I can hear them pretty well too.

"What in the world possessed you to do that!" He yells.

"I trusted you Lena. I thought you were nothing like William. He was cruel and he was power driven. I thought. I thought that there is finally a fair director in that place. Turns out they got a mock up version of Will!" He yells in her face. She stays calm. Like scarily calm.

"Look, a problem occurred and-

Before she could even continue her sentence he slapped her. The sound echoed the room and my heart broke in two. I wanted to go downstairs but I know she can handle him. She handled much worse.

"Don't you even dare find an excuse. I'm broke Lena! I have nothing left on my account. All because you wanted to have it all!" He yells grabbing her shoulders. She goes numb. I can see how slumped her shoulders are. She is not in her right mind.

"You.. you're going to pay for this. You will fail I trust that. You will crumble and fall apart and I can't wait to be the witness of that. I bet dear old deceased Will is proud of who you become! A monster! Even grater than he was. And now you bring your little girlfriend here, you're a disgrace to this name. I am ashamed to share the same blood as you!" He says and hurries off.