Chapter 29

Lena pov

"I'm perfectly fine Scarlett. Now come on." I say again

"Sometimes I don't think I even deserve you"

"pff yeah right. Like I'm an angel." I say sarcastically, getting behind the counter.

"You're the closest thing I know to one." she says smiling at me. I push the butterflies down and change the topic.

"What do you feel like eating?" I ask her

"Can you make mac and cheese?" She asks

"Sure. I just need to put the macaroni to boil." I say and take out all of the ingredients I need. I remember her once telling me that Mac and cheese is her comfort food. So like the enormous dork I am. I always had some in my apartment in case she needed it or wanted to eat it. I forgot how much I love making food for someone. Today I got to make food for Anthony, Jeremy and Chris. I'm glad they loved it.

"How's Rose doing?" I ask her as we stand there

"She's good. Right now she's with her father." She looks taken aback at my question but answers it anyway.

"I'm glad. I haven't seen her in a long time." I say stirring the macaroni

"You haven't seen anyone in a long time." She says

"I was in the UK before I went to Palestine." I tell her

"How was your birthday?" She asks me

"Most of it was good. Then it went to shit so I decided to call it a day." I say

"I saw the promo for the project. You weren't in any of the pictures."

"That's because I was taking the picture." I say

"When did you move back into the apartment?" She asks

"Today actually. I cleaned the apartment with the help of Chris, Mackie and Jeremy." I say as I get the cheese out.

"Oh. They were here?" She asks

"Well don't act so surprised."

"No it's just that they don't look the type to voluntarily clean." She says

"Well they did. And I am grateful for them." I say.

I finish making the food and put it into two bowls. One for her and one for me.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I ask her

"What do you have?" She asks

"Well I stocked the fridge and there is alcohol in the cabinet too so whatever you'd like." I say

"Can I have some wine?" She asks

"Of course, red or white?" I ask back

"Red please." I open the cabinet and pour her a glass. I open the fridge and get myself a bottle of water.

"You still can't drink?" She asks

"No, I can't." I say opening my water bottle.

"Why didn't you tell me that before you opened a bottle?"

"Well I don't mind. " I say eating my food.

We sit at the table and eat in silence. I turned on just the light above us so the rest of the room is dark right now. She glances at me sometimes but I don't make it seem like I notice it. I don't want her to feel awkward.

"Thank you for the meal." she says as I pick up the plates.

"You're welcome. I'm just glad you ate." I say and put the dishes into the sink.