chapter 8

It has been a month since I signed her contract and I am going to be completely honest I didn't read the whole thing. I was too lazy to sit there and read through the fine print so I signed and gave it to her. She was happy I signed and told me she is glad I decided to work with her because of my work ethic.

Her hard scene was prolonged until today. Her fellow cast mate got covid and then some other shit came up so here we are. She has been in her room for the past hour. I have been patient but we really have to go to set. I knock on her door and she opens with bloodshot eyes.

"Is everything alright Ms Johansson?" I ask

"It's nothing, we should get going" she says

"Alright I'll be waiting in the car."

I go downstairs and carry everything to the car. The Russo brothers told me that this is going to be a very emotional day for her and that I should try to make it as easy as possible. Of course I agreed. Over the past month I've grown close to the woman and we by now have a routine down. She doesn't snap at me as much and I cook for her. She likes my cooking and whenever I am in office, which is at her house, I make us food. I carry it to her bedroom and she eats it while she works. I promised her that one day I would teach her how to make my very special pasta.
I haven't met her daughter yet but I've seen pictures and sometimes her voice over the phone. Scarlett talks to her every night and reads her bed time stories. I find it adorable that she does that.

She gets into the car and I drive off to set. She's quiet but I don't press on it. She might be going through something. Over the past month I've become great friends with Tom and with Chris Evans. They greet us on the entrance and go to their trailers. Me and Scarlett go to the makeup trailer since we're a bit late. We get on set and it is go time.

I hold her phone as per usual and I sit in the back room again. Here where I'm sat you can't see anything, but sometimes you can hear what is going on. From the sounds of it it seems like a fight is going on. Maybe a fight scene or something.

The actors take 5 and Scarlett runs out crying. After her Jeremy comes out and hugs her. He holds her there and after a few muffled sobs guides her back to the room. I just stare and watch. In the past month I have never seen her cry like this. This scene might have really had an effect on her.

Chris joins me after a few minutes and we sit and chat. I tell him about what I saw and he tells me that this character really means something to her. Understandable. I've cried over characters in books so I know how it could feel like. Chris leaves me too and I am left alone again. In this scene there is only Jeremy and Scarlett so I am left alone waiting for her.

I think I feel something for Scarlett. It's not in a friend way nor in a boss appropriate way. I think I have feelings for her. I should distance myself before this gets out of hand. I shouldn't come too close to her. But from the sight today I don't think I'll keep that up. She looked very sad and I think I'll do something stupid if I end up being alone with her.

She doesn't exchange many words with me after she is done shooting. I wait for her in the car and she gets inside. It starts raining and she looks out the window not saying a word.

"I don't want to intrude, but is everything alright Ms Scarlett?" I ask her quietly.

She doesn't answer she just looks down to her hands and starts crying again. I take my right hand and reach over to her lap. I take one of her hands into mine as I drive.

"I'm here" I say and stay quiet as her silent cries bounce off the car. She holds onto my hand like it is the only thing keeping her alive right now.  I want to hold her, to kiss her head and tell her that everything will be okay. But I can't do that, nor can I promise anything like that. I pull up into the Burger king drive through and get her our regular order. She sits there just looking down.