Chapter 30

Scarlett pov

I wake up with a slight headache and the taste of wine in my mouth. I brush my teeth and head to the kitchen to make breakfast for Lena and me. When I get inside I am met with a note.

If you wake up before I come back home, there is a coffee all ready for you with a mug underneath the machine. Just press start. The fridge and the cabinets are fully stocked so eat whatever you'd like.
-Lena

This brings a smile to my face. Where could she have gone? It is Saturday. I go over to the machine and there it is. A mug underneath and cream next to it. I press start and in a few seconds coffee pours out into the cup beneath. I put some sugar and cream and mix it. I don't want to cook anymore so I decide to go through her cabinets to see if she has any cereal. I must have hit a jackpot when I open a cabinet door filled with liquor. The one next to it is filled with wine. This seems bad. How could one person have this much alcohol just lying around?

I found some cereal and opened the fridge to see five different kinds of milk. This woman is something else. I decide on almond milk and sit on the bar stool. Her apartment is so peaceful and just has a lot of space. She decorated herself I can see a touch of hers wherever I go in the house.

I finish my food and put it into the sink. Just as I am about to wash it I hear the front door click and then open. I go to the hall to see a sweaty Lena in work our gear.

"Hey, goodmorning." She says

"Goodmorning. Thank you for the coffee." I say

"You're welcome. I'll go and shower quickly." She says and goes to her room. While she's there I walk through her apartment. The bookshelves are filled with all kinds of books, some in french and most in english. I found one bookshelf with only english authors. She must have organized it like this on purpose.

"Hey, did you eat?" Lena asks

I turn around to see her half dried hair down. She looks just amazing.

"uh, yeah I did. Don't worry." I say

"Good. I'm glad." She says.

"Do you have anything planned for today?" I ask her

"I was about to go through this stack of mail that is over six months old." She says putting a huge bag onto the coffee table and poring out envelopes in different sizes.

"Do you need help?" I ask

"It wouldn't hurt." She says and sits down onto the couch.

We spent a long time just opening letters. Someone named Lucy is getting married in September and she got very excited to get an invite. I never heard of  her before. I didn't want to intrude on that. She out that letter onto her bookshelf so she wouldn't throw it away.

"Whats this?" She asks showing me an envelope with my name.

"That would be my birthday invitation." I say

"When was your birthday?" She asks

"November 22nd."

"Do you want me to read it?" She asks

"Wait this is your first time seeing this?" I ask